Chapter 25

I don't know when Daniel left for work but I woke up in an empty bed. Lowkey was happy that I didn't have to face him in the morning after what happened during the night.  Once I freshened I got dressed in a baby blue floral dress reaching mid thigh, I went straight to Nonas' room but surprisingly she wasn't there. " Nona, " I shouted her name.

I run down the stairs and stop in the kitchen to see the nurse being ordered around by Nona in the wheelchair. A smile made its way onto my face as I hastily wrapped my arms around Nona.

 " Nona, why are you out of bed? "

"Can't believe you are married and still sleep until this time, " she says rolling her eyes. 

" But? "

" But nothing child you should always be up before your husband so that you can't serve breakfast before work, " she continuous.

I sigh. " Okay, ma'am" 

" isn't she supposed to be in Bed? " I direct the question to nurse.

" Yes, but she made me call the doctor and he gave her permission to leave her bed, but she's not allowed to anything apart from sitting down. "

Sighing I let out a breath. " Let me help you with that" I offered. Im sure she has better things to do than to stand and learn Nonas recipes . " You can go prepare her bath or something, " I say taking over what she was mixing.

" Yeah, its probably best so you can learn," Nona agrees dismissing the nurse. " Come on now, boil some sweet potatoes while you get the prepare the dough for the pasta. 

" Okay, " I do as Im told. Nona stays with me through most of the process, giving me more instructions by the time the nurse come to get for her bath I was mostly done with the dishes only left with icing the carrot cake. I cant help but feel at ease to see her still full of life regardless of her condition. Nona has always been a strong woman and has taught me so much. I have seen her go through hardships that I, myself wouldn't be able to, but unfortunately there is only one way out for this situation and there's nothing we can do.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as i see Daniel bast through the door.  He doesn't usually come home this early its just 4pm and he normally comes back around 7 or 8. Maybe he forgot something. " Hey, " I say getting his attention from the kitchen.

" oh Hey, " he says once he notices my presence. " Where is she? " he asks.

" Nona?" 

" Yeah, is she down here" his eyes look worried.

" No, she's having her bath upstairs, why ? is everything okay? 

" Yeah she told me to be here by the 3:30, I'm late, " He proceeds to take a sit across me on the counter. 

I let out a brief laugh. " oh I see, do you want any to drink,? "

" no, I'm good thanks," 

" I'm almost done here, you can go freshen up so long I'll come get you when the table is set."

He nods and proceeds leaves the kitchen. I should have non that Nona would also be strict with him, I'm more surprise he listened because I'm sure he has a lot of work to do and meetings to attend, I love that he's respecting her wishes but I know how important his work is and plus he has a big event coming up he should be taking this much time of I'm sure the company needs him. 

I finish with the cake and warm the food and set the table before going upstairs. I knock on Nonas door and the nurse peeks her head out. "Food is ready, " she nods and closes the door.

I walk to my room and enter and here the water still running. I decide to put his clothes away that he left of the bed. As I'm hanging the his suit the shower stops and he walks out with a towel around his waist. I advert my eyes back to what I was doing, my nose instantly remembers his signature scent. " Hey Daniel, I wanted to talk to you about something, "

***************************************************************

hey hunnies, hope you guys are good?