The Day I Thought Would Never End

"You have seventy-five minutes to complete this test, you may begin." The examiner finished as he took his seat in the rusty, old grey desk in front of the class. Today is the day where my classmates and I write the future for ourselves. No one knows how this is going to turn out, some confident and some not. But me one the other hand, I was about to cry.

This was way too hard to process, it was as if time flew by so quickly with those seven years of hard work and extra lessons, some great friends and some not so great. Beats of sweat formed on my forehead as my palms suddenly felt sweaty, the yellow pencil that was held in my hand seemingly wanted to fall to the floor. That too, leaving me behind with these tough decisions to make. Yes, I had lessons and was a hard-working child but even the strong ones too could break at the unexpected times.

"Five minutes have passed. You have approximately seventy minutes now." The examiner spoke up, breaking me from my chain of thoughts.

"God, please help me. Let this be easy to pass through." I silently prayed in my mind, hoping that the Almighty would hear my prayers. But I had faith, God is good and he wouldn't disappoint his worshipers. With shaky hands, I reached out to the soft yet sturdy, thick pages, and opened the booklet that held my future in it.

"Please God." I whispered quietly as I began the Mathematical questions, a tricky process where I was doubting myself, and easily passing the rest. As if time had flew by, the examiner had collected our papers and was ready to give us the next. As if my heart couldn't be more afraid, the steady beats now palpitated even faster, its speed increasing even second as the examiner walked by handling each of us a thin sheet of paper.

'Creative Writing', the topic of the black and white paper came into sight, only seemed to make me even more anxious than before. "You'll get through this, take your time and read the instructions carefully." Whispered a clear voice in the back of my head, as if it was law, I followed the little voice. With every ticking minute, ever beat of my anxious heart, I was able to pass through that exam in a breeze but of course, it was as if the world was against me now. Another test! And that too Grammar. I despised English, not because it was boring but it was hard for me. Spelling specifically.

"I know I've bothered you too many times within this day and few hours but please, please God. Help me pass this test, I need this luck, please." I prayed with much desperate need of help and good luck. "You may begin." The examiner spoke leaving now room for questions or conversations. The anxiety and fear radiated off me and I'm sure this happened to some of the students sitting in the same room as me.

We all were scared, how could we not be? This was almost close to a life and death situation, it was impossible not be anxious and afraid. Yet again with shaky hands, upon opening the booklet, my eyes widened at the horrific sight in front of me. Sucking in a breath harshly, all I could do was stare at the words from the world of English stand there all proud and in glory, it felt almost as if it was mocking me for despising it. Tears pricked the back of my eyeballs as I felt like crying but I was not a baby, I couldn't cry.

No! I was going to do this like a smart student and ace this test. A boost of confidence shot through me as I began writing and answering each question with quick but careful speed. God was on my side, and I knew that for a fact.

But this day would forever be the day I thought would never end.