Remember, I Love You

Dear beloved,

'...the fact that I loved you, and some part of me still does.'

You promised me and yet I watched you break those promises. You told me I was yours and you, mine. You said I brought you happiness, love and desire. You said you were afraid of what the love I had for you would make you do for me; the limits you claimed to cross and would cross.

And now those promises were broken within a few minutes, seconds perhaps. Life goes on, and me, still stuck in those memories that now loop in time. With her, you now smile, I don't have a problem. In fact, I'm most happy. Had I not known why, then maybe then, I would've kept on hoping. Hoping that you would see that I waited, waited for you.

But now you're happier, happier with her. She's better than me and I now understand why you chose her. I'm not jealous, I don't hate you and I'm not mad. I'm hurting, silently on the inside because I just realized that you lied, somehow, I was the distraction in it all.

'...it's easier said than done- forget him, move on.'

But what if he was your anchor? 

What if he's the reason why you woke up every morning? 

What if he's the reason why you loved?

But I guess it doesn't matter, of course, it never does...You moved on within a few hours and I, seconds. Yet inside, I still bleed, each tear of blood, comes from my soul. Yearning for your touch, like medicine for the soul.

...remember, I love you...

Your lover, me.