Falling Deep Down

I'm falling, deep down where no one can catch me. Into the darkness away from the peaceful light. I silently chuckled to myself thinking that no one is going to be worried about me anytime soon, no one is gonna have a burden anymore. They'll all be happy and relieved, and most of all free, from my horrible and unbearable existence.

And then it snapped to me, why didn't I do this before?

I was all along thinking about myself when others around me were disgusted by me. So now I'm happy that they're happy, because that's all that matters most. Seeing them with wide smiles on their face. 'But what about me?' I thought to myself. 

'I'm falling deep down into the darkness where all the demons live, so that they could punish me for all the things I've done. And for the things I've screwed up for.' And I'm happy because I deserved it after all. But what if there is someone to catch me? What if they'll hear my silent screams? 

But would they do it because they care?  Or would they push me aside like the others did? Would I grow a pair of winds, and fly out of this trance? Or would I remain the same because why?

Three words that would end all confusions: I deserved it.