Z

Sometimes it really feels like I am coming undone. I don't know what is happening to me but I do know it has everything to do with you, Rosalie. 

I should be in control. I've done this a hundred, maybe thousand times before. Stalk, play with their minds, make them go crazy and then kill them. It's supposed to be easy, organic, something automatic. 

I used to revel in the fun of tormenting my prey. But with you I am just not so sure anymore. It's funny really. I'm supposed to make you think you're crazy but now it feels like you are the one playing with my mind. 

I can't explain the jealousy I feel every time I see you with that Harry kid or the irritation that prickles my skin whenever you discover a new clue. It shouldn't be like this, I shouldn't be so bothered by you.

You're my hardest target yet and sometimes it makes me want to laugh. I never in my wildest dreams expected you of all people to last this long. 

You are concentrating on this boring English lecture but are you really paying attention? Because I sure am not. All I keep wondering is how it must feel to be able to run my fingers through your hair and pull your face towards me. Specifically your lips. 

Fuck. You must have noticed because you turned around to look at me and if you noticed then others might too. I need to dial back and remain as elusive as I have been. 

The bell rings and I know I should walk away. Leave you to wonder if you are imagining my fixation but I just can't help myself. I am on autopilot as I bump into your shoulder.

"Nice aim," I tease, the words barely a whisper, only for your to hear. 

My bait is taken and you follow me like the good little girl that you are. Maybe that's what trumps me the most about you. 

You know I am no good. You know I am evil and yet here you are following me into the field. Not a care in the world about your safety. It is almost as if you trust me. Me, of all creatures in the world. 

Rosalie why the hell do you trust me enough to follow me past the bleachers and into the dark. And why is it I just can't resist kissing you? 

Your lips burn against mine, like fire. The cold in me is extinguished by your warmth. You are the Arabella who decided to take a chance on me. 

Every girl I have ever dated, all with the same hair and similar face. They all ran when they saw who I really was. Either that or they wanted to be me, they wanted use me to live forever as a vampire. 

But not you. You know how horrible I am. Hell, you are experiencing it first hand and yet here you are, kissing me back. Running your soft fingers up my chest making every nerve ignite in my body. 

My heart still beats, though not how it used to when I was alive. It beats in a slow tandem, a soft mechanical thrum every few minutes. You touch my cheek and I swear it just skipped. 

I hear a squeal of laughter coming from outside and you come to your senses. Sadly, so do I. 

I'm still in shock as you release me. My heart has never done that before. I want to kiss you again. I want to feel that euphoric feeling again but the bubble is broken and you are looking at me like I'm the villain now.

You ask me if I am going to kill you and I smile but inside is a volatile mix of emotions I can't fathom. I need to snap back to my senses. I need to be in control here. 

So I lie. "It depends. Do you want me to?"

You look broken as you slump against the pole and something in me just wants to hold you and comfort you. The only problem is I know I can't.