Chapter 9: Emotions Running High

Kayla's gaze hardened as she stared at Harry looking deep in thought. 

"You know that's literally impossible, right? Not only is he somewhere in Adelaide, he is under strict surveillance from our officers. There's no way we can get near him without being detected, even with that new hair of yours," She answered sarcastically. 

Harry glared at her and then crossed his arms. "Then we're not helping you. You can drop us off on your way to Tasmania." 

Kayla scoffed loudly and was about to dismiss Harry when I intervened. 

"If they are after us, they could use Harry's father as bait to lure us back to them. I think it will be a smart decision to get to him like Harry suggested," I said. 

"That's exactly why we shouldn't go anywhere near him. Everyone will be keeping their eyes on him now that you three have gone rogue," She argued. 

"I agree with Rosalie. We should take him before they decide to use him against us. You know how violent the council can be," Zayn looked at Kayla and nodded his head. "Especially your sister." 

My head turned from Zayn to Kayla and I looked at her in surprise.  "You have a sister?" 

"Twin sister," Zayn answered. "But we are all lucky that she is in another continent. She's still in America, right?" He looked at Kayla hopefully but she only sighed in response. 

"She's on her way here as we speak. The council notified her of your situation and she boarded a private jet this morning." 

I noticed the way Zayn's face paled as she said this but his wasn't the only one. Kayla looked worried and her companions Niall, Lauren and Arlo also wore frightened expressions on their faces at the mention of Kayla's twin sister coming here. 

"Umm should we be worried about her?" I asked apprehensively. 

"She's quite literally the devils incarnate," Arlo shuddered and both Niall and Lauren agreed. 

"I would say most of us are worried about her coming here. My sister is probably the most inhumane person I've ever known and that includes the time she was still a human. All my life, I've never seen her feel remorse the way a normal person should and because of that she is capable of anything. That's what has always frightened me about her," Kayla admits. 

"Then if this horrible vampire is on her way here, don't you think it's even more important to save my father?" Harry cried desperately. 

"What about my parents?" I started panicking as I imagined this evil vampire landing here and wreaking havoc among st us. Not that things weren't already crazy enough. 

"Your parents will be fine, Rosalie. And so will Harry's mother and uncle. The council's utmost responsibility is to maintain the secrecy of our race to the general public. If they were to attack both your families it would only draw unnecessary attention to them," Niall reassured us. 

"But my father knows about you. So that makes him a risk like us, right?" Harry said and Kayla finally nodded her head in agreement. 

"I believe my sister might use him to lure you three out but to what extent I am not sure."

 I saw Zayn grimace and my heart started beating faster in fear. "I think we should consider saving him, before your sister gets to him and his body parts," He said. 

At hearing this both Harry and I looked at Kayla in panic. 

"Okay, let's find out where is he is right now and if he's still safe." Kayla said and then she turned around and walked to the cockpit at the front of the hangar.