Z

I woke up with the worst headache I've ever had before. It hurt to open my eyes but as I squinted at my surroundings I realized that I was in a small dark room with bars on one side. It reminded me of the prison cells in the Aliens department for those illegal immigrants who were criminals.

I swallowed hard and my throat my so dry it hurt. What was I doing here?

Feeling completely drained of energy I leaned back against the cold wall behind me. My head felt heavy causing me to look down and thats when I noticed the bite marks all over my arms.

I winced in pain as I tried to move my neck and my hands immediately shot up to feel my skin. I gasped when I felt dried up scabs all over my neck.

What the hell happened to me?

My head was throbbing and my memory was a haze of blurred images. The last thing I remembered was being in Lavenders mansion and singing for her guests and then she had lead me up to her room and things got pretty heated up in there.

But that's where the memories stopped. I couldn't remember anything after.

"Zayn darling. You're finally awake," I heard Lavenders smooth voice and my eyes shot up to the figure standing by the bars.

She leaned closer and I saw her unique colored eyes boring into mine.

"Lavender, why am I here? What happened to me?" I whispered fearfully. She had the most eerie expression on her shadowed face as she smiled at me.

"You have transcended, Zayn. You are one of us now," she exclaimed in delight and my eyes widened in confusion.

"What?" I shifted in an attempt to get up, not understanding her at all. "Why am I covered in bruises? Why am I here? I need to go back home." I tried to get up but I only fell back down as I had no energy and I was hurting all over.

"Don't worry darling the pain is only temporary. It'll all go away once you feed," She replied and then she nodded at the corner of the cell I was in.

I looked in that direction and it was only then that I realized I wasn't alone here.

My mouth fell open when I saw an unconscious man lying on the floor and I crawled over to him. When I saw the side of his face I felt like puking.

It was Ali.

I poked him and then shook him weakly hoping that he would wake up but he only grunted in response. Relief flooded my veins when I realized that he was still breathing.
But now I felt angry.

"What the hell do you want with us?" I shouted at Lavender angrily but she showed no emotion as she stared at me.

"I don't want anything, Zayn. I've given you a gift. You should be grateful," She replied and then she smiled widely revealing two sharp teeth that were slowly growing longer.

I blinked a few times wondering if I was seeing things.

"All you have to do is drink his blood and you will feel better. I'll even let you out of here."

I rubbed my eyes and pinched myself wondering if I was hallucinating. Her teeth were so long and her deranged smile sent chills down my spine.

"He's going to die anyway. You might as well make it quick," She said and then she left me here alone in this dark cell.

I shook Ali vigorously, losing more energy in the process but he only mumbled in response.

I lay on my back and stared at the ceiling while Lavenders words played in my mind. Her elongated teeth made me my heart race. I've never seen anything like that before. Was she even human? What the hell was she and why was this happening to me?