Z

This week has been a pretty crappy week, Rosalie. Not just for you but for me as well. I haven't had the time to watch you as much as I would have liked and tonight has to be the icing on the cake. 

You were pacing in you room, wondering about your mental state after listening in on your parents discussing your grandmother's schizophrenia and I had been relishing the sight. I finally had you where I wanted, you were starting to believe you were crazy.

I wanted to appear to confirm your every doubt. I wanted to hold you in my arms and whisper into your ears sweet nothings because as much as this needs to happen, it must suck to be in your position right now.

Because the truth is your grandmother was diagnosed as a schizophrenic but you are not the same. Every 'hallucination' you've had has been me and I am very much real, Rosalie. This is the game we play with all our victims in the mental health rotation.

I know you are aware of Sally Morden and she was in the same exact boat as you are in now. I didn't kill her though, it was someone else's turn but the process was the same. We made her admit that she was seeing things, made them believe she was crazy and then we killed her. 

Sometimes I wondered what you would think if I admitted all these things to you personally. Would you hate me, Rosalie? I know I would. Too bad you will never find out, you will die before you ever realize our true existence; vampires hiding behind the screens manipulating your every move to our whim and fancy.

I was sitting on the tree outside your window, watching you have a nervous breakdown when I received a call from my so called 'parents'. Apparently they have some alarming news to share with me that absolutely cannot wait. 

Sometimes they really get on my nerves, Rosalie. I guess I'll have to see you later. I made my way back home and was surprised to see a small group gathered around the cemetery near my house. I kept my head down but something caught my attention and I looked up at the dark looming spikes of the entrance gate. 

It was dark, too dark for a normal human to see but I could smell blood. Lot's of it. This can't be good. I could hear the regular human police sirens approaching from a distance and briefly wondered if this was what Aymen called me about.

Aymen and Martha filled me in as soon as I got home. Apparently Sally Morden's brother had committed suicide by the cemetery. He uploaded a video online telling people where to find his body and my guess was the blood by the cemetery gate belonged to him. 

"Show me the video." They placed the phone in my hands and I watched a young Joseph Morden admit that his sister was stalked and murdered. He then told his viewers where to find him at 12 midnight. 

"What time is it?" I looked at my watch and it was already 12.10am. 

The two vampires were staring at me in fright, shifting on their feet and squeezing their hands together. 

"What should we do? Will this implicate the council? Will we get in trouble for not managing this properly?" It's clear this was the first time they had encountered such trouble. 

"Relax, Joseph Morden never mentioned anything about us and it just looks like he's blaming the authorities. We never interfere with these things without instruction so you did the right thing. If someone had seen you move the body then we would have a real problem on our hands." I got up and walked up the stairs to my room. "I'm heading to bed." 

Sometimes I liked to sit in the dark just to gather my thoughts, Rosalie. You see this Joseph Morden situation won't likely implicate the council but I'm not going to lie, this has me worried.

I'm worried about you and how you will react when you hear about this. And once again I'm boiling with rage because you've befriended that Harry boy who is looking for his father, who knows about some of our slip ups in the past, who's uncle has met Joseph Morden several times.