Chapter 8: Unexpected Alias

"Should we get down?" I eye Zayn apprehensively but he looks as confused as I am. 

I stare at our surroundings with wild eyes. Just minutes ago our whole car was lifted up into the air like a toy car and now we were sitting ducks in what looked like a cargo airplane. The whole scenario was just so bizarre I found it difficult to wrap my head around it.

The door to the cockpit opened and a few people dressed in white walked out towards us. 

"Don't get out till I say so," Zayn commanded. He then forced open his door and got out. 

The figures were a bit blurry because I wasn't wearing my spectacles but Harry could see them clearly and I heard him gasp. 

"No way," He said to himself as he leaned forward. 

"Who is it?" I whispered harshly but when the figure right in front of the group reached our car I immediately recognized her golden hair and towering height, not to mention that supermodel face. 

"Mikaela?" Both Harry and I said out loud in unison and she immediately turned our way. 

She reached my side door with the same vampire speed Zayn had and pulled it open rather easily considering the door was badly damaged and the lock had been destroyed during our car chase just moments ago. 

"Rosalie, glad to see you've made it this far," She shot Zayn a venomous look before turning to Harry. "You too, Harry."

"Mikaela, what?" I was at a loss for words as she guided me out gently. Harry's door had been ripped off the car so he had no problem getting out and following us. 

"Are you a vampire too?" Harry asked her incredulously.

She nodded her head solemnly. "Yes, I'm sorry I could never tell you."

"But we watched you grow up in front of us. I thought vampires don't age?" I rubbed my eyes as I looked at her. Why did everything feel so unreal? Like I was having a really long nightmare. I pinched myself harshly and winced in pain. No this was definitely real. 

When we reached Zayn and the other people standing with him I noticed Zayn staring at me in amusement and then at my hand. Trust him to be able to read my mind. I ignored him and purposely stood a few feet away but within seconds I could feel his shoulder touching mine. 

Feeling angry and annoyed I shot him a look to which he ignored as he looked up at Mikaela with an innocent expression on his face. I scowled at him and stepped to the side so that we weren't touching each other anymore. 

I couldn't explain how angry I was with him right now. Everything that was happening to me and Harry was because of him and his genius plan to kill everyone on Earth and drink their blood.

"Kayla, why are we here?" Zayn asked Mikaela and I drew my attention away from Zayn and to the people around us. 

I recognized Mikaela but not the three people standing by her side. I stared at the first girl who had long dark hair braided down her back and stunning green eyes that turned my way the moment she caught me staring. 

She shot me a kind smile which I just couldn't reciprocate in the situation I was in. I averted my gaze to the tall guy who towered over the dark haired girl. He had a serious expression on his face but he didn't look any older than myself. Of course if he was a vampire there was no telling how old he actually was. He had blonde hair and freckles scattered all over his cheeks. 

The last guy who stood next to him had dark brown hair and a very boyish face. He looked like he was around fifteen years old. 

"You're here because if I hadn't interfered these two would be dead by now and you imprisoned," Mikaela countered. "Forgive my rudeness. I think we ought to introduce ourselves properly to the two of you."