Chapter 1: The Slytherin Clique

"Hey, y/n!"

I turn around to see my best friend, Pansy walking towards me. She looked like she was trying hard not to run, but 'ladies don't run' is something we learned since the time we could barely walk.

I started walking towards her as well, with a slight smirk on my face, 'look as if you know something that others don't,' another pureblood rule, another's thing our moms taught us. She pulled me into a hug.

"Hey Pans, you look great!"

"You look great as well, love"

"How is Nat?" I ask her, still hugging her.

"Daydreaming about how it would feel to even touch me again," she said smirking, as we pull away.

Pansy went to New York during the summer, her parents had some things to sort out at MACUSA: the American ministry.

She usually sat at a cafè reading a book, texting me or checking out the waitress there. I had to pester her for a whole day before she finally went and introduced herself to the girl, Nat. And well, let's just say we didn't text much after that.

We boarded the train in silence. Our group was sitting at the far back of the Slytherin carriage. Blaise Zabini, Theodore Nott, Draco Malfoy, Daphne Greengrass, Pansy Parkinson, and me.

"Hey guys" pansy and I said. I sat next to Draco, and Pansy sat next to me. Blaise, Theo and Daph opposite us.

"Hey"

We put up a spell so that no one could hear us. And then we were telling each other about our summers, what we did and of course, the pureblood gossip and rumours we heard.

I noticed that Draco was not saying anything, he looked as if he hadn't slept in a while. He and I were never close, I don't think he is close to anyone except Blaise, those two had been friends since they couldn't even talk, same as me and Pansy.

"Draco, are you alright?" I whispered against my better judgment.

He turned his head sideways to look at me, a look of confusion crossing his face before slipping back into the emotionless mask it is generally in. Then he turned back to the window.

'Dickhead' I thought as I rolled my eyes. He probably had those eye bags cause he was fucking someone.

I started talking to Pansy about her brother's new girlfriend, ignoring Draco's eyes which were on me the majority of the time as if he had something to say, but I wasn't going to speak to him until he does.

~~💚~~

"Did you know that Adrian-" whispered Blaise, as if he was saying something that could end Voldemort? But he was interrupted-

"Anything from the trolley, dear?" The old lady asked.

I bought a couple of chocolate frogs and started reading the card in the pack as I was eating my frog. It was about Merlin, the greatest wizard of all time, and though Hogwarts was built way after his time, it was always speculated that he would've been a Slytherin and so I always looked up to him.

"What were you saying about Adrian, Blaise?" I mockingly whispered back to him, once everyone had whatever they bought.