Chapter 24: Such a Shame

Trigger warning: I can't really say what it is, so just umm... It's not smut. I'll tell you that... and it's not too graphic either, but it does include violence

"Oh, my handsome, handsome boy," Narcissa said, coming to hug Draco.

"Hey, mother, how are you?" Draco says, pulling away to synchronise her, trying to resure himself that she is okay.

"I'm completely alright, Draco, but look at you. When was the last time you slept?" She asked.

"Don't worry, Narcissa, he was snoring on the train for quite a while," I say, as Draco looks at me with a thankful look, knowing that he hadn't slept at all.

"Oh, Y/n, you look just like him. Have you been able to sleep, dear?"

"Yes, Narcissa, you don't have to worry about me. You already have a lot on your plate,"

"What does a mother do but not worry?" She said, making me look around the room, although I knew my mother would never prioritise me enough to be here.

But I do find someone else who had just the room and was looking at Draco with disgust and anger.

"Father," Draco said, greeting him with utmost formality.

"Draco. I've heard that you have still not been able to complete the task. Is that true?"

"We haven't been able to do it completely, yes, but we are making a spell, so it will take some time, father."

Mr. Malfoy nods, and then his eyes fall on me. "Miss Rosier, how are you?"

"Just fine, what about you, Mr. Malfoy?" I say as he moves to stand in front of me.

"Oh, just call me Lucius," he smirked, making a shiver run down my body and not in a good way.

"Come on, Y/n, let me take you to your room," Draco says, noticing my discomfort.

"Thanks," I say as he picks up my trunk, and we both know it's not why I'm thanking him.

"Sorry, my dad can be a bit of a manwhore and mum has been saying that he's been acting weird after he came from askaban." Draco says, once we were in my room.

"You don't have to apologise on his behalf" I say, as I walk towards him.

"Sometimes I really feel that I'm responsible for him, instead- y/n?" He interrupted himself, looking down at me. I had just held the handle of my truck which was still is his hand so our hands where touching.

"I- the trunk" I stutter due to the awkwardness of it all.

"Right" he says, letting go of it.

I slide the trunk under the grand four-poster bed.

"Well, I'll leave you to freshen up" he says after the long silence.

"Yeah, okay" I said, not knowingly what else to say.

~~💚~~

There's a knock on the door. I had just been getting ready after a long bath, taking full advantage of the luxury that this Manor is. I quickly put down my hairbrush and ask,        "who is it?"