Chapter 25: You'd be the first one to know

~Draco's POV~

"Good Morning Draco" Mum said, waking me up, I tried to get up, but I couldn't, and then I remembered, Y/n. Shit.

"Good morning, mum," I said sheepishly as I opened my eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she says turning around when she sees Y/n on top of me, "I just- yours and y/n's breakfast- well, I guess I won't have to go to her room then"

"Mum, calm down. It's not what it looks like, I promise, and please just turn around. She's literally asleep." I say kind of awkward but rolling my eyes at the same time.

She did turn around and put our breakfast on my desk.

"It's just, last night neither of us could sleep, so she came over and we were talking and we fell asleep," I hastened to explain.

"It's okay Draco, you don't have to explain anything to me, I know if you and Y/n were dating you would tell me about it" She says but she has that look in her eyes, a look that says that she knows something is going on.

"You'd be the first one to know," I assure her.

"I know, and remember, if anything does happen, use protection, I don't want ANY grandchildren any time soon, understood?"

"Mum!" I groan.

"And, it's about her pleasure too. If you just use her for your pleasure, I'm gonna feed you to the peacocks,"

"Mum, can we please not talk about this so early in the morning! I've literally just kissed her like three times. It's not a big deal, " I grumbled.

Oh shit did I just say I kissed her?!

"You kissed her thrice, and you're still not in a relationship?! Call me old fashioned, but that is so not the way"

"Mum, we talked about it. It was her idea not to date and do you really want us to be together under Voldemort's nose."

"Okay, okay, but just don't push her and ALWAYS ask for her consent, understood?"

"Yes mum"

"Now get up and wake her up too"

"Ugh, let us sleep, we literally got tortured last night who cares if we sleep in,"

"Don't say that!" She says while looking at me with a traumatized look.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry," I say, rolling my eyes and trying to go back to sleep as she shuts the door behind her.

And it's just so easy to do so with Y/n's head and arm on my chest, her legs tangled with mine and my arm round her shoulders. It truly is very comforting to have someone in your arms.

I can't believe we have come so far, from those snide comments and that petty rivalry to this, such casual intimacy. And of course, it is not platonic, but it still doesn't feel sensual, and it scares me, being so close to someone.

The next time I wake up is when Y/n stirs, waking up with a sigh. She doesn't try to move away until she slowly does, trying not to wake me up. I hold her in place, making her look up.