33. If the suit fits

A few hours ago

Yoongi was coming down after a late shower and saw that Jimin sitting alone in the kitchen table holding his phone while lost in thought.

"Jimin are you okay" he was genuinely concerned about Jimin.

"Oh hyung, it's you" Jimin looked up.

"Why are you here alone?"

"Oh I came to answer the phone and-" Jimin paused for a second. "It's kinda about Y/n so I know you don't want to listen"

" Jimin about that- I'm sorry about earlier. It's not that I didn't want to listen It's just that I was just having a rough day and took it out on you"

" It's okay hyung I was wrong too. "

"So what's your problem now? Did she say that she didn't want to come" Yoongi asked feeling anxious for some reason.

"No, she's coming tomorrow and I need to go get her but my schedule is full tomorrow. I was thinking of asking someone else to go instead."

"I could go" Yoongi interrupted suddenly. He quickly hid the eagerness in his voice.

"No hyung she'll just give you a hard time. I'll just ask Jungkook or Hobi hyung "

"It alright Jimin, I can do it. Think of this as my way of apologizing to you"

" If it's alright with you then I'm fine with it. Now that I think about it, you are the best choice after all. Y/n would never mess around with you"

Although Jimin really said it as a compliment, Yoongi felt bitter hearing those words. Guess he had been shallow all this time, or did he always ignore that? Even he himself didn't know the answer to that.

And now .....

After getting into the driving seat I saw that Y/n who had her head turned away. I also noticed that she had also forgotten to put her seat belt on.

It felt so awkward to even have a conversation between us right now but I had no choice.

While breaking the silence I cleared my throat and said
"Your seatbelt?"

She looked down immediately and realized what I said and tried buckling her seatbelt. But I could see that she seemed to be having trouble with her seatbelt mostly because she nervous and impatient.

Because she was struggling so bad I leaned towards her to help her. She flinched and tried to back away. But I just calmly put it on for her and gave her a glance and returned back to my seat and started the engine.

Like Jimin said she looked at me as if I'm someone scary. Like I'm kidnapping her for some ransom. I didn't like this at all. But who could I blame for all of this. No one. Because it was I who fucked everything up from the beginning.

(Y/N's POV )

"Y/n you idiot, can't even put on seatbelt. You must have looked like a fool back there." At this point I was mentally slapping myself out of embarrassment while I was looking out of the window recalling everything over and over again.

I mean I was really surprised to see him helping me since the last time we saw each other, things didn't really go well with him. I was expecting him to say something mean or sarcastic but what he did was totally unexpected. Since it was silent the whole ride I kept thinking about it.

We reached the apartment and I could see three people were already out and waiting for us. As soon as the car stopped I got out and immediately got surrounded by them.