16

"Maybe you should just turn back time," Boma mumbled.

"What did you say?" Donovan questioned darkly.

She looked up at him with tear-filled eyes.

"Maybe you should just turn back time," she repeated with a cry.

"What do you mean by that?" He demanded with brows furrowed darkly.

"You brought this upon me. If you had not forced me into your life, this would never have happened."

His face registered fury.

"I chose you as mine and that is that. You will cease to complain about this issue. Do you understand me?"

Even though she was frightened, she decided to speak out in resistance. Her chin lifted with defiance as she stared at him.

He ignored her defiant look.

"I said, do you understand me?" He repeated.

"I do not accept it. I never really did, so let me go now. Release me. I-I don't-I don't-" her voice began to waver horribly as he began unleashing his belt.

"Keep talking." He said, folding it in half.

"I don't-I don't-" she began, but paused as he took a step forward.

At this point, she knew that he was ready to beat her.

"Keep talking." He taunted, his threatening tone was subtle.

She began to sniffle, but she gathered courage and spoke.

"I don't want to be your girlfriend anymore." Her trembling lips managed to utter with some fighting spirit.

He closed in on her, seeing her chest heave with fear, seeing tears flood her cheeks.

"Keep talking." His tone remained threatening.

"I don't want-" she began and her words were cut off as he backhanded her across the cheek.

Her hand flew to her hurt cheek.

"I hate you!" She cried out and he slapped her again on the other cheek.

"Keep talking."

She covered her face with her hands and started crying.

"Leave me alone." She sobbed.

Donovan raised his belt in the air.

"One more word and I will give you the belt, mercilessly. Then you will learn to watch your tongue. I'm waiting. Defy me."

"Do your worst." She cried without taking her hands off her face.

Before the words could reach a second old, she found herself screaming as Donovan rained hell on her with his belt. It landed on her bum, her back, and her arm as she tried to block the lashes with her hands.

Pain flooded her body, rising from wherever the belt hit her skin.

"Please." She pleaded. "Please." She struggled up to her feet and he whipped her through her rising.

She tried to escape, running around the room and he followed behind her, whipping her all the way.

"Please." She continued to plead. "Please stop."

He didn't stop. She climbed onto the bed.

"Please. Please stop." She begged.

"Get down from the bed."

"Donovan, please."

"Get down from the bed."

"Please-" she sobbed.