chapter 14~ its ringing

michael left school early to a dentist appointment so you just decided to walk home by yourself. its sunny outside, the wind is gently blowing. summer is near. you get to the front steps of your house and open the door.

"mom i'm home." you say in a cheerful tone. "oh, hey love how was your day!" she asks. "it was good, i made a friend." you reply kicking your feet ever so gently on the ground. "oh what's their name?" she asks. "aphrodite." you reply. "ooh! that's a cool name," she says. "your father is home." she mumbles. "oh." you sigh. "well i'm going to my room." you say.

you try to walk up the stairs quietly when you hear your dad call. "Y/N! GET IN HERE!" you sigh. "coming." you walk in the living room and see your dad sprawled out on the couch. "come here, give dada a hug." he says. you raise and eyebrow and pat him on the back uncomfortably and shift up to your room.

your landline rings. "hello?" you answer. "hey y/n!" aphrodite says! "hey aphrodite!" you answer. "so i know we don't know eachother THAT well yet, but you wanna go to the rink friday night?" she asks. "yes!" you reply. "alright cool, we should match!" she says excitedly! "oh and best friend question, are you DATING anyone?" she squeals. "yeah!" you fall back on your bed. "oOoO who's the lucky guy, or girl?" she asks. "michael." you smile and feel your face go hot. "AFTON?" she asks. "yeah." you answer. "the one who has the dad who own the creppy pizza place?" she asks. you sigh. "yep."  "oh he should come along to the skating rink with us!" she says. "and.. tell. me. all. the. details." she says excitedly (again). "what was the first date?" she asks. "well, i guess the arcade, all to ourselves." you answer twisting the phone cord around your finger.

"oOoOOOoo0." she says. "enough about me, are you seeing someone?" she asks. "yeahhh." she says. "and who is that?" you say. "Joan M." she answers excitedly.

"hey y/n, dinners ready, i'll call you later alright?" she says. "okay, talk to you later!" you answer. "oh and also you can call me aph." she says. "okay aph." you laugh. "call later bye best friend." she says. "bye!" you say then hang up. just as you hang up you see michael skateboarding outside your window on the sidewalk waving for you to come outside with a big smile on his face.