chapter 24~ the day

ginormous time skip :( (5 years) ☹️

//

it was today, today is the day i get married to my best friend. i was distracted by a million thoughts in my head when he sound of doors opening quickly took me back to reality. everyone was here, my mother, clara, lizzy, evan, and all our friends. i should mention, 2 years ago, william went missing. he's presumed dead but they never found the body, so they say. anyways.

i started to walk down the isle, i felt eyes staring at me, which made me obviously nervous, but the smile of my lover quickly made all those thoughts go away.

i stood infront of michael, he was crying. i wiped his tears away and smiled.
(time skip like the vows and shi ☹️)

"michael, you may kiss the bride." the priest said as michael pulled me in for a passionate kiss. we both walked down the isle with everyone clapping.

we went into the main room. there was a large table full of food, a dj, a bar (for obvious reasons), and a large cake. of course there was other details, but not as important.

after a few minutes of everyone gathering and grabbing plates. me and michael opened our gifts.

"grab the pink one." michael laughed. i handed it too him. "you look like a kid on christmas morning michael." i chuckled.
"oh... a baby onesie?" michael asked confused. "thanks, but i don't think this fits me." he laughed. "no, no, no." michaels friend laughed. "your married now, unless your one of those couples." you and michael laughed and continued opening your gifts.

you were on the dance floor with elizabeth and evan. "y/n, does that mean we can call you aunt y/n?" evan asked. "you can call me whatever you want." you smiled. "okay aunt y/n." elizabeth laughed.

you were actually having a lot of fun, i mean obviously it's your wedding night.
-
"now it's time for the father/bride dance." your froze and so did everyone else.
your mother ran to the dj and throughly corrected him. you felt like crying, but you didn't. he wasn't going to ruin your night.

michael rushed over to you. "love, are you okay?" he asked brushing your hair behind your ear. "yeah, i'm fine!" you smiled. "are you sure." he asked with a tilted head. "yes darling, i'm okay." you laughed.

the music resumed. "now cmon!" you drug him close to the middle.
the music was pretty upbeat for a minute. both you and michaels friends were 100% drunk. the song changed, "now." i saw the dj read the paper over and over." "time for the bride and grooms dance." he looked around for a moment then sighed in relief.

take my breath away.

everyone cleared the floor. michael held out his hand. you smiled and took it. he wrapped his arms around you layed your head in his shoulder. "i love you y/n afton," you smiled, it was the first time hearing that. "i love you too michael afton."

it was 1:45am before everyone left.
you, michael, your mother, and clara and some of your sober friends helped clean up.
elizabeth and evan were asleep on a couch in the corner of the room.

//

you layed in bed with your husband. "i love you so much michael." you layed on his chest. "i love you too y/n." he said as he kissed your head.

you both fell asleep to the sound of rain outside the window.