chapter 21~ first summer

//

*time skip 3 weeks*

//

June 7, 1985

dear diary, schools out for summer. which means i get to spend more time with my boyfriend, michael. i haven't got to see him as much since what happened that night. he's been working night shift, and we don't get to see eachother at school. aphrodite and joan are still pretty much my best friends, and my moms doing well. that's all see you next time.

~ y/n   l/n  <3

//

it was a hot june day, i was going to the aftons for lunch with my mother. "y/n, how are you and michael doing?" she asked. "we're good, why do you ask?" i say. "well because my daughter has a boyfriend, and i'd like to know how that's going!" she says in a sarcastic tone.
i laugh and kick the loose rocks on the road. the aftons are only 1 block away so we get there pretty quickly.

Mrs. Afton opens the door and greets us with a (as usual) warm smile. "hello m/n, y/n." "come inside." as usual elizabeth and evan are the first to run to you. Y/N!" they both run at you with wide arms. you squeeze them back. michael grabs your hand and takes you to the living room and gives you a hug that seemed to last 5 minutes. "are you okay love?" you ask him. "no i hardly get to see you." he says still hugging you.

dinner is in the process of being cooked, so you and michael go to his room. you both lay on the bed in complete silence until he breaks it. "y/n, i'm so glad i have you, i know it's cheesy but i love you." he says rolling towards you. "i love you too michael." you say with a smile.

"kids, dinners ready!" mrs afton yells from downstairs.