chapter eighteen ; "escape."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ ; "ᴇꜱᴄᴀᴘᴇ."

299 AC

299 AC. THE WESTERLANDS.

PALE KNUCKLES HELD ONTO THE TABLE TIGHTLY, FINGERNAILS ITCHING AWAY AT THE ANCIENT WOOD. Her eyes were stinging and she was gazing up into the center of the tent's ceiling to prevent her tears from falling; Jenny's heart ached. An overwhelming feeling had sunk into her chest, as well as her stomach. Her heart was beating like a fast-paced drum, not the gentle ballad it normally sung. She had no words. A hand raised to her shoulder, squeezing it delicately - no doubt it was Ashter, who had a face of deep concern on his face. 

The King in the North sat in his chair, looking over his War plans - his mind was elsewhere. Robb turned, looking up to Roose Bolton who was standing opposite him. The curly-haired man shook his head, "This cannot be true." 

"Who sent the raven?" quizzed Ashter, eyeing up the Bolton with hostile eyes, "Is there any truth this is a valid rumor?"

The Stark banner danced in the wind behind them, Roose held his hands in front of them - crossed. He turned to Ashter, "My Lord, we have had ravens from White Harbor, Barrowton, and the Dreadfort," he looked to Robb, "I am afraid it is true."

The blonde turned as she heard the movement of Lady Catelyn behind her, Jenny stood tall, pacing slowly over to her - touching the Lady of Winterfell's arm softly. 

Robb shook his head, banging a fist on the table. "Why? Why would Theon-" he was cut off sharply.

"Because the Greyjoy's are treasonous whores," interjected the Bolton sharply, Jenny could not help but glare - he had interrupted the King. 

With a thundering heart, Jenny moved her hand from Lady Catelyn's forearm, turning it into a tight ball - fingernails digging into her delicate palms. "What of Bran and Rickon?" she inquired hastily, "Any news of them?"

Glowering at the woman, the Bolton answered swiftly, "We've heard nothing of them." The Lord paused, "The Greyjoy's have reportedly murdered Rodrick Casel."

"I told you never trust a Greyjoy!" bellowed Catelyn at Robb, who looked completely and utterly defeated. Jenny's heart was breaking all over again - if they had stormed Winterfell and killed Ser Rodrick, they most likely had the boys kept prisoner. Preparing them for slaughter. 

Standing up abruptly, the chair squeaked loudly. Robb's eyes were venomous and his lips were curled back in a snarl. "I must go North at once," he declared, striking away the pins on the table. 

"I agree, I will go with you," Ashter boomed, nodding to Robb. "We must retake what is ours!" the anger radiated from the young man, his body tingling with the excitement of War. Robb nodded thankfully for the support.