chapter ten ; "songbird."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ ; "ꜱᴏɴɢʙɪʀᴅ."

297 AC

297 AC. THE RIVERLANDS.

IN TRUTH, IN HER NEW CLOTHES FROM DAISY - JENNY DIDN'T FEEL CONFIDENT GOING TO MEET THE MOST PRIDEFUL LANNISTER, NOT CONFIDENT IN THE SLIGHTEST. Jaime had been unusually silent, that made her even more nervous, he was typically talkative with the woman; but Jenny didn't inquire about it, she just let him be. Two big guards in heavy armour, stood guard outside; watching vigilantly as the two approached. The Daemadar felt eyes scan over her, but she didn't like these eyes looking at her; these eyes came from one of the men outside the tent, not Jaime, the gaze of the man was similar to the Kingslayers but there was a sense of malicious intent behind it. 

As the two were about to approach and enter, a squire on a horse raced forwards with great urgency - the man practically leapt off of his horse. In his hand, a rolled up piece of parchment, he wasn't wearing any armour; most likely an envoy. The man tried to barge past Jaime, but failed miserably as he tried to get through - Jaime had halted him. Jenny watched on, wondering what could be of such high matter; was it from her father? 

"Let me go, Ser," demanded the smaller man, "It is urgent to give to Lord Tywin, and Lord Tywin alone."

Smirking, Jaime looked down at the man with narrowed green eyes, "I think I am capable to give it to my father myself," the squire blinked, looking sheepish suddenly; the facade of confidence gone in the presence of the Kingslayer, "Give it here, boy."

Swiftly, not wanting to lose a hand, the man who had been degraded to a boy, handed it over without another instance of hesitance. Jenny sent a tiny smile to the man, but he didn't even look at her for long, Jaime's face rolled into an expression of disbelief, "What's wrong?" she nosily inquired. 

"It's Ned Stark," the golden-haired man muttered through gritted teeth, "he demands that my father present himself at court in a fortnight," Jaime huffed, "Or he will be branded an enemy of the crown," Jenny found her face falling, it wasn't from her father, or to get her back; he looked down at her expression, "Disappointed?"

The pearly skinned woman glanced at him, nodding, "I was hoping it demanded for your head and my safe return," Jenny followed behind him as they began to move forwards into the tent. 

At the maiden's words, the knight snorted, "The day when they take my head, is the day the wall falls," at the thought of the wall, Jenny thought of Eddard's illegitimate child, Jon Snow, she wondered how he was doing - so helpless and powerless, so far from home.

"Well then, I hope that's sometime soon," Jenny shot back. The Kingslayer didn't reply, he walked forwards - pushing past the red fabric material, into the tent. Shaking her head carelessly, the woman followed after walking into the tent.