chapter fourteen ; "growing strong."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ ; "ɢʀᴏᴡɪɴɢ ꜱᴛʀᴏɴɢ."

298 AC

298 AC. THE STORMLANDS.

THE STORMLANDS WERE NEITHER COLD NOR WARM, IT WAS AN AVERAGE TEMPERATURE BUT FAR TOO WARM TO WEAR A CLOAK THAT YOU WOULD WEAR IN THE NORTH OF WESTEROS. The sun was shining in the sky, but the light was being threatened by dark clouds approaching from across the Sea of Dorne. The Stormlands were quite pretty, despite the harsh breeze that whipped your skin on occasion - the grass here wasn't green, it had a hue of yellow to it. Large parts of the region were mountainous, sharp, steep ledges at every sudden turn and the beaches were littered with pebbles and stones - no sand.

It hadn't taken long for Jenny Daemadar and her two soldiers to catch up with Lady Catelyn and her entourage, who was baffled by her son's decision to send the woman away in the middle of the night. The fair-headed maiden had hidden the true reason Robb had sent her away, mainly his anger, from the Lady of Winterfell and excused his odd behaviour for it just being 'of dire importance' that Jenny arrived there at the same time as his mother. Truthfully, the blonde was glad to be escaping for a little while - the only regret not being able to say goodbye to Jaime.

Riding to the Stormlands had been a lengthy process, taking just over a week to get there, but it had also taken longer to reach the ground's near Storm's End, - the seat of House Baratheon. Though Renly wasn't living in his ancestral seat, his army of over seventy-thousand men camped near there, as did he. Stannis most likely wasn't taking this well, as he was isolated on Dragonstone currently and he was Renly's older brother. Both had declared themselves King's. To herself, Jenny could almost chuckle, there seemed to be King's in every corner, except Dorne - there were only Prince's in Dorne.

"Who goes there!" bellowed a Baratheon guard, as the mix of Daemadar and Stark approached the beginnings of their camp.

It wasn't Jenny that replied, Lady Catelyn had beat her to it, approaching on her silver mount, "The Lady of Winterfell!" she called loudly and proudly, "And Lady Jenny of the House Daemadar, cousin to your Queen!"

Hesitantly, the Baratheon soldier nodded, lowering the sword he had pointed as did the other men stationed there. "Forgive me, My Ladies!" apologised the soldier, nodding at them through his helm, "What is your business here?"

This time, Jenny called out to the men, "There is nothing to forgive!" her voice lingered on the chiming wind, "We are here to speak with King Renly and Queen Margaery!" she held the spear tighter in her hand.

The man's eyes trailed up Jenny, scowling as he saw the armour she was wearing and then glared at the spear. "My Ladies, if you dismount your horses," he glanced to the men behind him, gesturing them forwards, "We'd be happy to escort you to his and her Majesties."