chapter twenty-five ; "promise."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰɪᴠᴇ ; "ᴘʀᴏᴍɪꜱᴇ."

warning: long chapter ahead!

299 AC. THE RIVERLANDS.

IT FELT LIKE THEY HAD BEEN ON THE CANOE THE ENTIRE DAY, ALTHOUGH ONLY A FEW HOURS HAD PASSED - IT WAS NOT EVEN SUNDOWN. Hesitantly, it was Jenny who had stepped out into the murky waters; her leather boots becoming wet and covered in dirt. Despite being covered, her toes recoiled, curling up voluntarily - the blonde exhaled loudly, offering the man who was still laying down a hand up. Though still in chains, Jaime accepted her offer, clasping onto it with both, she had not expected him to be so heavy and staggered slightly as he pulled on her arm.

 Fortunately, by the time Jenny had almost fallen over into the water, Jaime had steadied her, resting both of his hands on her elbows. She could feel a small amount of heat rise into her cheeks, she swiftly looked away from the man, bending and picking up the spear she had left inside of the canoe. Finally, Brienne stood, stepping out with ease, the water only came up to her lower calves, whereas on Jenny, it had come up to her lower thighs and she shivered at the touch of the cold. 

The shoreline was covered in rocks, and huge grey boulders, and instead of sand, there was wet mud that oozed beneath Jenny's feet. Her sapphire gaze was totally on Brienne, in awe of how the woman once again easily lifted up the canoe and dragged it onto the mud; she dropped the paddle next to it. As as soon as the wood touched the floor, the bronze woman latched onto Jaime's chain as the trio began to walk through the natural path of pebbles that had formed. 

The vegetation that grew around the river was beautiful, it was greener than green and the trees grew strong roots into the soil. The soil. Jenny could remember what Lady Catelyn had told her before, an old legend that her Lord Father or Uncle had perhaps told her. The secrets of the greenery in the Riverlands were due to the soil, because of how much blood was shed in the Age of Heroes - when the lands were wild with war. The blood of men was the reason these woods grew so well. She shivered as the wind gently blew on her bare nape, continuing to walk on.

"You're a virgin I take it?" Jaime wondered aloud, in reference to Brienne, looking her up and down with the wrinkle of his nose. 

Shaking her head, Jenny scowled at him, looking to Brienne, "I think he is missing the comforts of his sister, fucking is all it appears he can talk about." Her tone was bitter at the mention of Cersei, jealously was what poisoned her tongue.

Brienne made a face of disgust, not answering either comment. Jaime's thoughts echoed aloud as they did all the time, only this time he had been thinking about Cersei recently. His heart no longer fluttered at the mere mention of her name, it was more like a jump- it would skip a beat, out of longing? No, it was out of fear. Fear for what his reaction would be like, once he laid eyes upon her again; he was scared that he would no longer have the passion for her.