chapter sixteen ; "a fallen king."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ ; "ᴀ ꜰᴀʟʟᴇɴ ᴋɪɴɢ."

299 AC

299 AC. THE STORMLANDS.

THE STORMLANDS WERE NOW LIVING UP TO ITS NAME, THE NIGHT RAGED ON WITH BOOMING THUNDER AND LIGHTNING CRASHING AGAINST THE GROUND. The sea had turned angry, slamming into the cliff faces and devouring the pebbles of the shore, driftwood included. Salt invaded the air, as it howled against the tent - mingling with water vapor that had come from the sea's spray; creating a sheet against the air, almost like smoke. Flames swirled around like water dancers in the erratic gusts that swept through the camp, some fires that lit the way began to die - creating an overcast of shadow.

Jenny was still reeling from the red witch's words from earlier, she felt frightened - this was beyond the workings of some so-called Lord of Light, she was a witch. The Old Gods were the maidens chosen deity, they were true to her; they would answer her prayers, not some silly God of Flames. It was barbaric, worshipping fire. Fire was dangerous, evil, many men had been burned alive by dragon fire in the days of Aegon's Conquest and even after that. The Daemadar had no doubt, even if Daenerys may be true of heart, that people would die under her command via burning hot dragon flame. Yet, the witch had told Jenny that there was a fire that burned deep within her - the twin flame that burned in another; Daenerys? Perhaps, or maybe even Ashter - but why wouldn't it include the rest of her siblings, they were all of the same line?

Then a dreaded thought had crossed her mind, had Jenny's mother had an affair? No, it was impossible, Alia adored Valtheos with all her heart - but that hadn't stopped women in the past and it must've been lonely for the woman when Valtheos went to War against the Ironborn. No, the maiden shook the idea out of her head easily; how could've she thought about something like that? Yes, they may have been betrothed to each other - but they had learned to love one another; they were lucky for that. It mirrored something similar to that of Catelyn Stark and Eddard Stark, yet one of them had committed an act of infidelity - could nothing ever be perfect in this world?

Destiny was something Jenny was all but consumed by, when the red woman had told her they'd meet again because it was in her destiny - she didn't want to believe it. The woman had been that unsettling, Jenny wanted all memory of her abolished - but it hadn't left her mind at all. She had spent the entirety of the journey back from the parlay in complete utter silence, this greatly disturbed the Lady of Winterfell - she knew Jenny was a talker, to have her completely silent when she didn't have to be, took lots of effort. Though the older woman had wanted to approach Jenny, to ask her about what happened with the fire worshiper - she decided against it, knowing that the Daemadar liked doing things her way.

Regardless of how much Jenny had stayed hush about it, choosing to ignore what the woman had said instead of embracing it -she approached the King's tent, two Daemadar soldiers at her side. During the time that the maiden had known her guards, she had come to learn one of their names was Brynden Jewel, a bastard that lived in Sun's Drip but came originally from the outer islands of Jenny's homelands. He was tall, particularly ordinary looking with a scar above his right eyebrow - recent, close to losing an eye by the proximity to his green orbs; he reminded her distantly of Jory. Jory, how could've she forgotten him. How could've she forgotten that Jaime murdered him? She had been that blinded by the facade of handsomeness that graced his features, that she forgot this man had killed her friend. A good friend to her, a man that didn't deserve to die the way he had.