chapter twelve ; "the rarest song."

Blue  M O O N

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ ; "ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀʀᴇꜱᴛ ꜱᴏɴɢ."

297 AC

297 AC. THE RIVERLANDS.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN FATHER HAS FLED THE CAPITAL?" SNAPPED BACK JENNY SWIFTLY, BLINKING HER EYES IN ABSOLUTE DISBELIEF.

Clouded blue eyes met her sapphire ones, Ashter clenched his jaw, his words echoed her own, "Father has fled the capital," the words were ghostly. "Some are saying he's locked up with Ned Stark," the Lord looked up, "Others say he got on a boat travelling East."

The light-haired woman shook her head, "No he wouldn't do that!" Jenny disagreed, "Something must have happened," her voice halted, "He wouldn't just leave Eyva and Mani."

"If Stark got arrested for treason," Ashter began, "It's very likely father was in on it."

Jenny's lip quivered; she knew the punishment for treason, just as well as anyone. She couldn't believe it, her head pointed in the direction of the ground, "Father would face up to it," the maiden defensively said, narrowing her eyes, "He is no coward."

Ashter shook his head, removing his arm from hers, "Maybe he is, maybe he is just like the rest of them."

A scornful gaze suddenly fell upon the Lord, "Don't you ever call our father a coward!" she hissed, "In this family, we all fly high above the rest," Jenny recalled her House's words proudly, standing tall. "Never call him that again," her voice was low, powerful and intimidating, even to the much taller man, "Or I'll do something," the maiden struggled to find the right words, "I-I-I'll strangle you in your sleep."

The man scoffed, rolling his eyes, "You can barely kill a Lannister soldier without stabbing him in the back," insulted the older sibling. A scowl reached Jenny's pale lips and she turned away from him, stalking off in a direction at random. Ashter huffed, "Jen!" he called, "Jenny come back I didn't mean it!"

It was too late, Jenny had already sped away. She hadn't had a disagreement with Ashter like that in her entire life and as a result of the unusual feeling, tears began to form in her eyes. Though the tears didn't fall, her eyes felt hot and she felt the temperature soar in her cheeks; she shivered, honestly she was freezing. All Jenny was wearing was a dress, though not of thin material, the sleeves were short and the neckline plunged - at times like this, she longed the cloak Lady Catelyn had made her years ago; her cloak was always warm.

It only occurred to the woman then, that Jenny had no clue where she was in the war camp - she didn't even know where her tent was. Aimlessly, the maiden wandered around the city of tents, feeling uncomfortable under some of the gaze the soldiers were giving her. Her mind was in scrambles, Mani and Eyva were alone in the capital with Cersei, with Joffrey. Ned Stark had been arrested for treason, Robert Baratheon would never arrest his good friend; then it dawned on her that Robert might've been dead. Was Joffrey now the King? Her heart ached for her siblings, Gods, she'd do anything to get them back; Jenny realised she was beginning to sound like her brother.