Nagito X Sick!Reader / Angst

(Blood warning)

(Y/n)'s POV

Bing bong bing bong!

It was the daytime announcement. I had woken up to the announcement, sitting up in my bed while rubbing my eyes.

"Ughh..." I groaned, not wanting to get out of bed. I had a sore throat, it hurt to swallow, so I guessed that I was sick.

I got up to go to my bathroom, wanting to freshen up a bit before going out. I gave my face a quick splash, and brushed me teeth and hair

I got changed into an outfit, and was ready to go to get some breakfast. That was, until I started to cough. "Maybe I should wear a mask...I don't want anyone else getting sick.

I grabbed a mask real quick and walked over to Nagito's cottage, since he usually slept through the morning announcements.

Knock knock

It was open, so I slowly went in, not trying to find something I shouldn't.

He was sleeping on his bed, soundly. I was surprised that no one found out his cottage door was unlocked.
I put my hand on his head, ruffling his white messy hair.

Nagito slowly rises up from his bed, rubbing his eyes. He looked at me for a little, but noticed me afterwards.

"Oh, hey (Y/N). What are you doing here?" He asked me as he put his hands in his lap, while looking at his lap too.

"You slept through the morning announcements again.." I started, my voice sounding muffled from the mask.

"What's up with the mask?" He asked while climbing out of his bed. "I feeling kind of sick, I don't want to spread it." I explained, adjusting the mask on my face.

"Head to get breakfast, I'll be there." Nagito said, walking into the bathroom.

I headed out his cottage, closing the door on the way out.

I started to cough, I still covered up my mask with my arm though. It was all normal until I took off my mask for a breather. There was a hot pink liquid on my mask.

I stated at it with shock, I had just coughed up blood.

"I can't trust anyone to help me in this hell hole. Nagito will just worry about me." I thought to myself, still shocked about the blood I coughed up.

I can't tell anyone.

I headed to get breakfast, where everyone was eating. I grabbed some food and sat down a little farther than the other students.

Since I threw away my mask, I started eating. Nagito walked in, with his regular outfit he usually wore. He took some food and sat down near me.

"Not too close, I'm sick remember?" I told Nagito in a jokingly manner.

"Y'know if you're sick, I'll take care of you." He said. Man was he perfect. I cleared my throat, trying not to do it again, and stated that he doesn't need to. I also didn't need two people sick.

"Are you sure (Y/N)? I can take you to Mikan, and I could stay there with yo-" he started, but I cut him off. "I'm ok. I don't need help." I said sharply with a glare. I quickly caught myself, and apologized, giving Nagito a hug.

Nagito's POV

Did (Y/N) just snap at me? Maybe she doesn't like having trash in her presence. I need to take care of her though, like someone as trash as me should do, I-

Before I could've thought of anything else, (Y/N) apologized for her bad behavior, explaining how she didn't get that much sleep. She then gave me a hug. "Why give me a hug?" I thought. Nobody wants to hug me, no one ever hugged me.

I returned the hug, hugging her tightly, despite her being ill. I...just hope she gets better...she doesn't deserve to be sick. I...hope she doesn't leave me. My life was a mess before I met her. (Y/N) can't leave me, I would fall apart all over again.

(Y/N)'s POV

I left the cafeteria, waking back to my cottage. I've been trying to hold in my cough. I got in there and locked the door behind me.

I coughed a lot, there...was more blood. I was sick of blood. On my hands, the floor, my clothes, all over my bathroom sink...I passed out.

I woke up, to a note under my cottage door. I picked it up and read it. "I'll always be here for you, you deserve it. <3" I assumed it was from Nagito, since he was the closest to me.

"Hehehe...I love you too.." I felt sick immediately, and threw up blood, everything went black.

😷

Bing bing bing bong!
A body has been discovered!

798 words