Rantaro X Fem!Reader / Fluff

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked towards the jeweler, to return the wedding ring I was going to propose to Rantaro with. My friend worked there, I told her / him all about me going to propose to Rantaro. I just couldn't build up courage to do so.

The door chimed when I opened the door. "Hey, anything new?" My friend asked, leaning on the counter that displayed the jewelry. "No, not much." "I'm just here to return the ring." I stated, pulling out the ring packaging from my purse/pocket.

"What-wh-wait what?!" My friend blurted out at my response. "Don't tell me-" She / he started, but I cut her/ him off. "Dont worry about it." I said, placing the packaging on the counter, sliding it to my friend.

~Flashback~

"Can we go out Rantaro? I'll pay~" I whined, begging Rantaro to go out for a date. "Maybe" He teased. "Why not..." I groaned into his back. "I'm just kidding, we can go." Rantaro replied. My face lit up, and I ran to the room to get ready.

I changed into (outfit of choice) and sat on the couch waiting for Rantaro to get ready to go. Maybe this will be the time I'll propose..

"I'm ready" Rantaro said, coming out of the room. "Uh- you look nice!" I complimented with a smile, getting up from the couch and leasing toward the front door. "You look nice like always too." Rantaro said, smiling back at me. I blushed a bit at the unexpected compliment.

We walked out the door, and walked down the street, wondering what we should do. "I..I don't know where we should go, you could choose." I said, holding Rantaro's hand. We decided we could just to out to get ice cream, since we already ate dinner at home.

We got there, and ordered our ice creams. "I'll get (flavor)" I said, getting ready to pay for both of our treats. That was..until Rantaro gently pushed my hand away, and taking his wallet out.

"Hey! I said I was going to pay!" I exclaimed, but Rantaro didn't care at all. "Don't worry, it's on me. You payed last time." He stated, giving me a kiss on my forehead. "F-fine.." I mumbled, looking away out of embarrassment. I was never that big on PDA, but I didn't mind.

We walked to the park while eating our ice cream. I haven't had ice cream in a while. The sky looked like cotton candy, with blue and pink clouds mixing together. I pointed it out to Rantaro, and seeing him smile made me happy.

I had gotten tired of walking to the park, so I asked Rantaro to give me a piggy back ride. He said yes. It wasn't a long ride, since we were a couple blocks away from the park. I rested my head on top of his fluffy green hair. Resting my eyes for a little bit.

"We're here." Rantaro said, looking back at me with his beautiful green eyes. I slid down Rantaro's back, intertwining my fingers in his. "Don't you think the sky is beautiful and the weather is nice?" I asked. "It sure is, it's beautiful like you." Rantaro looked up/down at me. (He is 179cm / 5'10) "w-whatever." I scoffed out of embarrassment, blushing.

We sat at one of the benches, and talked for a while. That was, until Rantaro got up...and kneed down.

~Flashback end~

I stopped in the doorway of the store. "Let's just say...he beat me to it." I said, turning to look at my friend, I turned back, walking out the store.

💍💍

612 words