Kaede X Fem!Reader / Fluff

(Y/n)'s POV (No killing game)

I recently transferred to another school. Luckily, I didn't have much friends there. I found fun in copying people, when it comes to voice impressions, body language, and more. No one thought my "talent" was great. I never liked that school anyways, rude teachers, mean kids, more. I had gotten a letter while looking for another school. Hopes peak academy...

I stood outside the gates of my new school, as the ultimate copycat. I had an scary feeling. I hope that everyone is nicer. That everyone appreciates my talent for once.

I walked in, a new wave of relief went through me, no one wanting to talk to me. The morning bell rung, so I headed to my first class. I pulled out the schedule I was given. "Let's see...(Subject)." I thought to myself. "Room...(#)" (insert 11037 joke).

I walked towards the classroom, a little hesitant to enter. "Hey, I'm the new student here." I said, waking up to the teacher while trying to not be noticed. "Nice!" "I've been looking forward to meeting you." "Why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher said, with a happy expression on her face.

I just knew that I wasn't happy. "Great. An introduction." I thought to myself. The final bell rung, and everyone was seated. I felt sweat start to fall down my face, but I wiped it away. "Uh-Hey! I'm (F/N)-(L/N)...ultimate copycat." I said, trying to be confident.

"Choose whichever seat." The teacher said, while I looked at the empty seats.

I sat at a seat, and the teacher went on with the lesson. The teacher told us to do an assignment with others if we wanted. I was going to work by myself, until I heard a voice to the left of me.

I looked over, it was a girl with blond hair, and a nice outfit. "Hi, my name is Kaede! Kaede Akamatsu!" "I'm the ultimate pianist." She exclaimed. "Nice to meet you." I said with a smile.

Maybe things at this school will be different.

It was lunch time now, and Kaede had spotted me. "Hey (L/N)!" "Over here!" She said, waving her hands to get my attention. I walked over to Kaede. "What's up Kaede?" I asked the pianist.

"Why don't you sit with me for lunch today?" She asked politely, telling me she has a seat saved already. "Sure, I don't see a problem with it." I replied. She smiled and grabbed my hand slowly, trying not to startle me. She led me to a table, where we sat down and ate.

"So how does your ultimate work?" Kaede asked curiously. We had some spare time after we were done eating. "How do I say this...I guess you could say it's visual." "I'll copy something off of its looks and how they could do it."I don't have perfect pitch or anything like that though." I explained, sitting back more comfortably. "Wow!" "Your ultimate sounds cool!" Kaede complimented. "Thanks." I said with a smile.

"I've copied a piano piece before, it's just really hard and you have to have a lot of concentration." I explained. "I could teach you some things!" Kaede blurted out the idea, stars in her eyes. "Sure." I said, giving her a smile. Kaede was so optimistic and happy, it was...contagious.

"We can meet after school!" That last sentence from her was the only thing I thought about the whole day. I couldn't wait to spend time with Kaede.

I walked over to the music room after the final bell dismissed everyone. Kaede was already there, sitting in front of the piano. I walked in, and she turned around and gave me a little wave, I waved back.

"Hey, I need to go get something." "I'll be right back." Kaede said, getting up and leaving the room. I looked at the piano for a little while, and then sat in front of it. Looking at the keys, trying to remember something I saw on the internet before.

It took a couple tries, but soon I was playing a piano piece. I didn't notice that Kaede walked in, staying in the doorframe. I was too concentrated on remembering notes and keys.

I did mess up on one part, and felt eyes on my back. I turned around, and there was Kaede. "I-I didn't know you could remember that well!" "It looked like you knew all the keys!" She said, shocked, but happy at the same time.

"That's because...I lied to you." "I already know how to play the piano, I just need to remember and copy the songs." I explained, looking towards the ground in grief. My cheeks red out of embarrassment.

"I just wanted an excuse to be with you." I admitted, my face getting hot.

🎹

813 words