Untitled Part 1

(sex ahead)
(Ivann's POV)

It's been three years since Sean proposed to me - well, proposed to me in his way. He asked me how I wanted my eggs cooked for breakfast when I was in the shower the morning after we had sex for the first time. I thought it was odd for him to ask me something like that - he knew I always liked my eggs sunny-side up - but him asking me that was only an excuse for him to hide the ring in the towel. I remember getting out of the shower and grabbing the towel from off the corner of the sink. Ting. Ting. Ting. I heard the quiet sound of something small and metal land on the tiled floor. I knelt down and picked it up after it stopped spinning. A ring? Where did it come from? My heart plummeted as the worst thought came into my head. It's someone else's, someone that Sean is seeing other than me. I ran to the kitchen, as fast as my legs would possibly go, water dripping everywhere, from my still soaked fur.

Sean was sitting at the table, now finished with cooking. His back to me and two plates, with steaming eggs, bacon and toast, sat on the table - one in front of him and the other in front of the chair next to him. He was reading the morning paper, probably waiting for me to finish up in the bathroom, so he could eat breakfast with me.

"What is this?" I asked, panting - it took everything that I had not to yell.

His ears barely even twitched as he glanced over his shoulder at my hand. You would have guessed that he would've kept his eyes on me or had some other expression, given that I wasn't wearing a thing, except for dripping, wet fur, but he didn't. "A ring," he said calmly, as he turned back to the newspaper.

"I know that," I told him, instantly irritated by his calmness. "Where'd it come from?"

"I bought it."

"So, it's yours?" Some of the shock and fear eased from my tone.

"No. I've got mine on." He held up his left hand for me to see the ring on his finger.

"Then, who's is-" I fell silent as I realized that the ring on his finger matched the ring in my hand. "Wait - is this... are you..." I stammered, trying to find words in my brain, which had stopped working after the realization of what was happening.

"That depends on your answer," he told me as he laid the newspaper down on the table, next to his plate, and then he stood, facing me. "So, what's it going to be?" he asked as he stepped up to me, his lips quivering, looking like they were unsure if they should pull into a smile or fall into a frown.

My ears flicked as I looked at the rings, the one in my hand and the one on his finger, and then up at his eyes. In his eyes, I saw so many promises that he would never break. So many days and nights spent in each other's arms. So much love that would never grow old as we grew old together. I made my decision as he held me in his eyes.

Tears filled my eyes as I nodded. "Yes."

He pulled me into his arms and kissed me deeply, with more passion than I've ever felt from him before, as my wet fur drenched his clothes. Slowly, he fell down to his knees, looking up into my eyes. "May I?" he asked as he took the ring from my palm and held onto my hand.

Tears spilled from my eyes as I nodded and answered, "Yes."

I watched with teary eyes as he slowly pushed the ring onto my finger, and then I sank to the floor with him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself against him. My lips trembled, with too many emotions to name, as I pressed them to his lips, trembling as much as mine were.

My muzzle slid past his, brushing against his cheek, as I squeezed him, tightly, in my arms. "I love you, Sean," I cried happily into his ear.

"I love you too, Ivann," he told me as he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to him.