Untitled Part 4

(sex ahead)
(Sean's POV)

The talk with Ivann the night before had remained with me all day and caused me to burn some orders when I tried to think it over - not to mention, I didn't even fall asleep, I just laid there. It sounds bad, but I thought I wouldn't have to deal with this problem - my problem - since I was with Ivann, another male. I guess I was wrong there. I should have known that I wouldn't be able to hide it, that eventually it was bound to come up again. Why though? Why can't it just stay hidden in the dark recesses of my mind, where I don't have to think about it and where no one has to know about it, especially Ivann? Why can't I just keep it my secret? It's not hurting anyone... except, it is, it's hurting me again, after so many years.

After work, I didn't even bother driving home, because I knew Ivann would be waiting there for me. I drove to Felis' apartment and only remembered that they had moved when a short weasel answered the door.

"Sorry, wrong apartment," I told him, and then rushed back to the elevator before the weasel could say anything.

I got back into my truck and started it. What was their new address? Felis said that he would text it to me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked through my text messages. I found the address, typed it into the GPS, and then I was off.

"Turn right, in point three miles, onto Woodring Avenue," the electronic device said, in a male's voice. "You have reached your destination," it told me as I pulled over to the curb.

"Yeah, shut up," I grumbled at it as I shut the truck off and climbed out.

Felis and Kate's new place looked like a whole upgrade from their small apartment. It was a tall brick house, sandwiched between two others and those were sandwiched between two more. They were all painted a different color, though similar in shade. I walked up to the small steps to the large dark green door and rattled the knocker.

"Coming!" Felis shouted from inside. Before the door opened, I heard him stumble and curse. "Sean! To what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked as he waved for me to come inside.

"I just needed someone to talk to."

"Watch out for blocks - those things effen' hurt when you step on them," he warned as he led me through to the kitchen, carefully stepping over the kittens' toys. "I wish you would have called first. I would have cleaned up a bit," he told me as he moved some papers that Marcy had been drawing on from the table for me to sit.

"It's fine, I don't mind," I told him. "Where is Kate?" I asked as I looked around and only seen the two kittens and Felis.

"She had to work late, so it's just me and the kittens. Thank God you're here now," he said, with a dramatic sigh, as he sat at the table with me.

"That bad?" I asked, but I didn't really care. I was just stalling for more time.

"You have no idea," he said, with another sigh. "So, what did you want to talk about?" he asked as we both watched the kittens play.

I guess that was all the time I got. I'm just going to come right out and tell him. No point in hiding it. "Ivann wants to have cubs."

"Wow, really? Congrats!" he said, with a huge grin wrapping around his muzzle. "Oh, and don't let how I act about mine deter you from having some of your own. I love them. They really are the best," he said, turning back to his kittens.

"Yeah... That's the thing though," I said, quietly. "I can't have my own pups," I told him, even quieter.

"Well, yeah, you can't get Ivann pregnant unless you found out some way of how to do that," he said, laughing. "What was that thing they do?" he asked, not directly at me, just talking while he thought. "In- in- In Vitro! Yeah, that's right! Where they take your sperm and fertilize the egg, and then implant back in the female's uterus," he explained, the best that he could.