Walking Red Flag

Two months later.

Don't wanna bore you with disgusting stuff because I don't have the heart for that.

Besides, this is a Natasha book, you know.

So, proceeding with where we left off.

After that night from Tony's party, you and Sharon started dating, going out, becoming sweeter with each other, and blah blah blah.

In the first month of you being officially a couple, you shared your time having sweet, optimistic, and clichè moments together but as days goes by, you two started fighting almost every day, just like what you are doing right now.

"...I don't know what you're talking about." You defended when the blonde stood on the other side of the room, accusing you of the thing that you didn't even do in the first place.

"I saw the way you two look or stare at each other! I'm not blind! Everyone can see it, Y/n." She scoffed loudly, "I'm not that stupid-"

"Maybe you are!" You raised your voice, having enough of this shit show she was pulling in the middle of the night, "You are stupid, Sharon Carter!"

"How dare you say that to your girlfriend?!" Sharon shouted, taken aback, throwing you the shoe that she saw beside her, making you duck your head to avoid it hitting you before glaring at her with a dangerous expression. She then sauntered towards you to attempt to slap you but before her palm could even make a contact with your skin, you grabbed her wrists tightly, forming some red marks around them, "You're a bitch!"

"Don't you dare." You let out venomously low, "Don't you dare lay a finger on me."

Sharon clenched her jaw, making you almost believe that it would break any second now, before she possessively said, "You're mine and mine only."

"I'm not anymore." You proclaimed confidently, yanking her arms away with force making her wince in pain before processing what you said with wide eyes.

"Look, baby, I'm-"

"No, Sharon." You shook your head, removing her hands from your cheeks when she cupped them, "I'm sick of this. We always fight, we always shout at each other, you always accuse me of the things that I didn't even do, I'm sick of you constantly bringing Natasha up when the person wasn't even talking to me. I'm tired of you making me think that it's always my fault whenever you get jealous when they are your feelings and your feelings are your responsibility in the first place! I'm tired of you guilt-tripping me when you didn't get what you want. I'm tired, Sharon. Really, really, really, tired of this toxic relationship we have."

"Y/n, love, don't say that, I know you don't mean it-"

"I do." You asserted, shoving her away, barging out of the room leaving her there alone, not having the care to check if she was sobbing or what.

Anyhow.

Now that you break things off with her, you felt like you could breathe again.

You felt like you won't get guilty for even accidentally glancing at the other girls, you felt safer and assured that you won't get yelled at night anymore, and you felt like you were free to do anything again.

And now that you've seen the real Sharon, the Sharon who was far from the sweet Sharon that you've met before, you realized how much of a red flag she really was, but she blinded you from it through her constant gaslighting.

Always making you feel like you're cheating and the bad guy in your guy's relationship when in fact, it was her who was the problem.

You understand her part, maybe she was insecure or what, but she should put her insecurities in their places.

I mean, won't you get embarrassed after she lectured the innocent teenager girl when she saw you guys talking and laughing together?

It's a shame.

What a shame.

You admit you are dumb, foolish, and stupid but you thought maybe without Scarlett on your side made you feel lonely and crave a partner's love that's why you grabbed Sharon's proposal that night, thinking that she was the nearest person who asked you.

Thinking that she could supply you the thing that you want and desperately need, the one that you devour and yearn for but no because she gave you the complete opposite of it.

It's humiliating especially with Yelena's constant smirk whenever you and Sharon fight, silently telling you that you're so wrong for agreeing with Sharon.

And hey, within those two months you were alone.

Yelena, Kate, and Wanda didn't talk to you or even let out a single word to you, they either always roll their eyes or glared at you whenever they see you around the compound, making you feel completely lonely.

Meanwhile, with the men, they kinda started avoiding you too, thinking that they were too subtle in doing so.

But nah, gays are too easy to read.

You missed them though, especially Yelena.

She was the sister that you didn't have in real life, her personality won't bore you and would surely keep you laughing throughout your life.

You felt sad from the first few months without her because she deprived you of her comforting cuddles and playful teasing remarks.

Her constant comments, her laugh, and her adorable pout.

Should you feel awful because you didn't cry over your breakup?

No, no, you shouldn't.

She was an asshole after all.

Sharon was a walking red flag and you finally learned your lesson from her.

So, you, gay, whoever or whatever you are, don't go with those walking red flags, alright?

Avoid them.

They are a pain in the ass, trust me, I've had my experience with them already and they're not very pleasing to have in life.

"Agent Y/l/n, Director Fury's requesting for your presence immediately."

You heard FRIDAY speak, cutting you off from your thoughts before replying with a faint approval and beginning sauntering towards the meeting room.

When you reached there, you saw Fury on his chair, along with a Natasha that was quietly sitting on the sofa, formally waiting in her black suit.

"Yes, Director?" You started, not daring to look at Natasha, turning your professional self on.

"I have a mission for you both."