Even I Don't Know What's Happening

It was a sunny day in New York, relaxing breeze in the air hitting your skin, making your body hair lift a bit even though you were wearing a hoodie and jeans, along with some boots.

"Have you ever thought of having a pet?" Natasha randomly asked beside you, walking with you with the bags that you guys bought for the team since you fellows were having a movie night tonight, courtesy of yours truly.

"Mm.." You hummed, facing her for a brief second with a smile, "I've always wanted to have a husky."

"Then why don't you get one?" She questioned with curiosity.

"Well.." You shrugged, "Ever since I was a child, my mom won't let me near the animals because I'm asthmatic."

'And you're saying you're not my Y/n?' Natasha thought to herself with a frown before facing you again, revealing those freckles on her pale cheeks, "I know."

"You do." You laughed awkwardly, "How about you?"

"What?" Natasha questioned with raised brows, "If I want a pet?"

You nodded in response making her shrug too with a grin.

"I do." The blonde beamed whilst looking ahead of her, as if she was daydreaming about something, "I've always pictured having a pet in...our house, you know."

"Our house?" You repeated, a little taken aback but not angry or what.

In fact, it's kinda flattering.

Making you feel little dancing butterflies around your stomach.

"Yes." She nodded eagerly, "Our house is located far away from here so we won't always worry about our enemies. Then, we'll have kids running around the house, with us chasing them and - God, I'm sorry! I'm rambling, am I?"

Natasha blushed, realizing what she was babbling about making you laugh out loud for how adorable she looked whenever she feels embarrassed, "That's cute."

"And now you're gonna tease me." Natasha scoffed.

You never knew that Natasha, the one who only glares at every person who accidentally glances her way with daggers, could be this open and soft around you.

You feel lucky and pleasured knowing that she only shows this side of hers with you.

Hell, she doesn't even show this to Yelena, her own sister.

And like we said before, Natasha's like Scarlett, though at the same time not.

But they are both the person who gives you butterflies whenever they simply smile.

They are the person who can light up your darkroom.

They are the person who makes you feel like you belong.

They are the person who gives you importance and always makes you feel like you are loved and cared for.

Let's say you haven't moved on from Scarlett, and you know you will never will.

But, again, Scarlett isn't here.

There's only a Natasha who seems to represent her in this universe.

They are opposites, yes, but they are both important to you.

Anyhow.

Take time to admire Natasha today.

Her dyed blonde hair made a golden glow from the sun's natural light, her pale bare face was always beautiful and perfect, her body, God, that body.

Natasha's hourglass figure could always melt you and bend you.

Haha, bend.

Gay.

And don't say that you're straight as a ruler because rulers are bendable, honey!

Anyways.

"...Y/n?" Natasha's giggling sounds cut your thoughts off whilst waving her hand in front of your frozen face. "You okay? Penny for your thoughts?"

"Oh, sorry." You laughed, feeling apologetic looking at her feature for a very long time. "They are, um, nothing."

"You sure? You zoned out for a pretty long time there." She chuckled with raised brows though the concern behind them didn't go unnoticed by you, "Is there something bothering you?"

"Nothing." You repeated, trying to assure her with your toothy grin, "Is there anywhere else you wanna go?"

"Yes." Natasha nodded with furrowed brows, nervousness started entering her system making you the one who's concerned now, "If you wanna go home though we could just go back there when you're free."

"I'm good, where are we going?"

Thinking of some reply, the one that wouldn't blow her up whilst trying to fight back the urge to smile, she only said, "Follow me."

"Nat," You giggled when she grabbed your wrists, leading you into some alleyway before ducking out on a door where she lead you to an elevator, clicking the highest level of the building which was the rooftop. "What are you doing? You're not gonna kidnap me right? There are no goons that would ambush me by the time my foot stepped outside this elevator?"

"Shut up." Natasha shook her head with a laugh, "You know I can't do that."

"Well, just making sure." You shrugged with a playful eye roll.

A few minutes later, you two finally reached the roof deck, making you gasp once you saw the floor filled with clichè petal roses that were shaped into a heart, along with some picnic stuff and a white fluffy blanket laid on the ground where you can both clearly watch the sunset.

"What's this, Miss Romanoff?" You questioned with heightened inquiring brows.

"Things." She replied making you scoff before letting her drag you to the corner, both facing each other as her hands started shaking, making you grab them to help her stop them. "Look, I know that you had just gotten from the breakup with the devil where she made you suffer from horrible stuff - God, I still wanna kill her for that. Anyways, I want to tell you that I'm not like her and I want to inform you that I'm also not your fiancè, I'm not your Scarlett but there is something that's constantly pulling me to go on and be with you. I promise myself that I would never let you go and..."

"And..." You teased, already knowing where this is going but you just wanted to play with her and test her patience with you.

"And I know that I won't be able to replace her in your heart but I'll try everything just to make you feel the love that she gives you."

"So..."

"So I'm asking if I have a chance to do that and make you feel the-"

"Nope." You shook your head making her frown.

"Hey, I promise you that I will never hurt you or leave you or-"

"No need of that." You grinned, cutting her off, "Even though you aren't Scarlett, you're still making me feel like you are her, get me?"

Natasha let out a laugh in triumph, "Don't scare me like that!"

"Well," You shrugged with a smirk when you saw that she started fidgeting with her thumbs again, telling you that she want to say something but was scared to do so, just like what Scarlett does whenever she's nervous about something. "Ask away."

"Will you be my girlfriend?" She breathed out with a sheepish smile and before you can even open your mouth to reply, you were cut off by the door opening, followed by a flaming blonde with a pistol in her hand pointed in your direction.

"Sharon."