08

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 8
ˡᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ: ᵃᵖᵃʳᵗᵐᵉⁿᵗ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈⁱⁿᵍ 300
ᵃᵗʰᵉⁿᵃ ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ...
.
.
.

The first red flag was there wasn't any coffee, anywhere. Not on the counters and not in the drawers. Not a drop of coffee anywhere in this damn apartment.

Athena was about to combust.

First, she was almost shot to death. Luckily she has a death wish and a knowledge of pressure points.

Second, the bitch that lived here acted like he was going to commit multiple homicides. He wasn't too happy about the new living situation. Nor was Athena but you didn't see her pitching a fit.

Third, she had to sleep on a couch. And not even one of those fancy pull-out beds. No, a plain creaky couch. That made noise every time she moved.

Oh, and there was no coffee.

Bright side, the black cat was amazing.

She hadn't seen the famous Matteo Rossi since he locked himself in his bedroom lady night.

This all could have been avoided if the Italians didn't think she needed a babysitter.

So what, she liked to get blood in her hands. She's getting better, now just kills who she's supposed to kill.

Though she really doesn't like the idea of following rules too much.

Ford was supposed to be her handlers, like come on man.

At least he would make her coffee and could understand her.

Even though she knew no one was in the room, and she knew even if he was he wouldn't understand her. She still was talking with her hands.

'Son of a bitch. What kind of person has a spot for everything. Everything is labeled. What the shit?'

She kept moving things to the floors and counters looking for any kind of caffeine. And all she found was a huge cabinet filled with liquor.

That will do.

She searched the cabinet for something strong. She didn't have a mission today, so she decided she deserved to be able to get blackout drunk in this apartment.

She questioned if Matteo even knew he was supposed to be guarding her. The cat was being a better babysitter than the man in the house.

She smirked when she found the unopened bottle of Scotch. A bottle of Double Eagle might she add. The expensive shit, the kind of bourdon that was almost 23k. This man must be rich rich. And Athena was about to have the time of her life. 

Athena made a little bird chirp when walking past the cat. His head barely raised only to find no bird but a female standing at his eye level.

The cat only flicked its tail and went back to his nap.

Jumping over the edge of the couch she popped open the fresh bottle. The smell stung her nose, and that's how she knew it was good Scotch.

She grabbed the small black remote from the coffee table and tried to figure out how to turn on the TV.

That's one thing she always hated about missions. Hotel showers and TV remotes.

They are impossible, and after three tries she just sighs and throws the remote away from her. Drinking straight from the bottle.

The copper liquid burned her throat as she swallowed it. And damn, it was some of the finest Scotch that had ever blessed her mouth.

Matteo is also a multimillionaire. So I guess this is the good stuff, she shrugged to herself.

Was it rude to just take things from someone's home? Most likely, but she was left unattended.

Well, all most all the way unattended. The cat seemed to always have an eye on her from his spot on the large cat tree.

King of the forest.

Athena had almost drank three-fourths of the bottle when she heard the click of the master bedroom door.

She lifted the bottle in acknowledgment.

She had tried to clean up a bit when the bottle still had more than half of its contents.

General would call her a horrible house guest if she didn't clean.

"Uh," was the only sound that came out of Matteo's mouth before he started to clean and count things.

And in Athena's drunken state. She didn't even notice when he was fixing the many books on his coffee table. Or when he moved the pillow by her head only to replace it with an actual pillow and now a throw pillow.

She only grumbled when he took the liquor from her grasp.

"...Cupola it's alright..." She heard the man whisper to his cat.

She did, however, jump to her feet and grab the small knife in her shoe, when Matteo tried to move the throw pillows from under her feet.

"Wow! Okay, you're fine. I'm just trying to fix the couch." He told her as he stared at the three swaying bodies in front of her.

Her body started to give out, but she didn't hit the floor. A body grabbed her before she busted her head on the coffee table.

"Why did I get stuck on babysitting duty?" Matteo grumbled as he moved her to the couch again. Taking the small knife from her hand. "Enzo is goin' owe me so many books after this."

Athena only grumbled in response.

"And why do I get paired with the one who can't talk. A SERIAL KILLER!" Athena translated the last bit with the small bit of concussion left.

Athena rolled over making her back to face the annoying Prick. It wasn't her fault she got put here.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry. Welcome to the family or some shit." He grumbled as he began to count random items.

Athena only grumbled at the noise.

"...four... five... You're in my house. You have to deal with it." He stated before restarting the count of how many forks he had in the drawer. "How did you get dirt in here, you fucking animal!" Matteo yelled from the kitchen.

Athena only stuck up her middle finger in response.

⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝
"𝙸 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚖𝚎 𝚜𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚎"

𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝: 1006

See a longer chapter. And if I'm nice, maybe ill double update. 

Athena just wanted her coffee man. Any coffee lovers out there? 

goodbye dear friends, until next time