11

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 11
ˡᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ: ᵍᵃˡᵃ
ᵐᵃᵗᵗᵉᵒ ʳᵒˢˢⁱ...
.
.
.

To say he was attracted to the woman in front of him would be the understatement of the year. Attraction didn't even cover how Matteo was feeling when Athena exited the bathroom in that green dress. 

Desire might be the better term. He desired to feel her skin. Taste her skin. Maybe taste a little bit more than just her skin. 

But those weren't the thoughts he needed to be having at this moment. He should be thinking about how tight the dress fit her. Or how the silky skin of her thighs might feel in his hand. It was truly unprofessional. Though it didn't seem to stop his brain from thinking about such things. 

Matteo couldn't keep the warmth of the blush off his face it seemed. The elevator ride down to the car was torture enough. Begining in that small metal box with her. It was like he could feel the heat of her breath, the smell of her perfume was everywhere. At some point, his brain even began to imagine what else she smelled like. 

He seemed to want to know her scent. Not the perfume she wore. He, at that moment, wanted to be able to pick her out of a crowd just by the smell of her hair. 

He was a professional man, and he would stay professional. He hated that she tempted him. He hated the way she made a mess, and how she dragged dirt into his house. How he kept finding empty bottles of liquor scattered around his home.

When they reached the bottom floor and met with the others at the door. He wanted to shoot himself for how aggravating it was to see that Daniel kid slide his arm around Athena's waist.

Matteo could kill him easily. Maybe a quick bullet through the brain. But when the child, had whispered something in Athena's ear and made her laugh. 

Firstly, Matteo changed his mind. It was going to be a slow and painful death. 

And secondly, he wanted to bottle the sound of her laugh and keep it in a bottle. It was more divine than the expensive liquor he had in his house. It was more beautiful than any music he had ever heard. 

"Matteo, are you listening?" Antonio placed a hand on his brother's shoulder. 

Matteo shook his head before turning to his brother. Trying desperately to get the sound of Athena's laughter to get out of his head. She was a murderer and a cold-blooded killer. She was working with them. She was to not be touched. 

"I am now, can you repeat that for me?" He turned his body to get Athena out of his line of sight. 

"We won't be able to have a communications device on you. You both will be going in blind. Timothy and Ford will be there as bartenders, so you will have a backup if you need it." General spoke, his voice was soft but ruff. And by the way, his team looked at him, you could tell they respected him.

When Matteo glanced at the foreign members, his eyes once again stuck to Athena. 

She was talking to Ford, well he was talking and she was moving his hands rapidly. 

"SHUT UP IT HAPPENED ONE TIME!" Ford yelled at whatever Athena had said to him, his hands came up and shoved Athena slightly. And with her heels, she stumbled back. Before she could tumble to the ground. 

Matteo was behind her, bracing for her fall. He caught her by the shoulders. Using his chest as a wall so she wouldn't fall on the sideway. 

She looked up at him, her smile gone, but the humor was still in her eyes. Something at the sight maybe heat rise to Matteo's ears. 

Ford cleared his throat and grabbed Athena's wrist. Taking her away from Matteo's hold. For some strange reason, he felt cold when she was gone. He tried to tell his mind that he should hate even touching her. But the feeling of emptiness didn't go away.

And that he truly hated the most. 

⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝⸝

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴅᴇꜱᴇʀᴠᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ"

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 692

hello again, did you know that I uploaded this book four days ago and it already has 1.8k reads. i would like someone to pop the champagne now! 🍾🍾

we all are going to be drinking like Athena White tonight folks!!

want to say I love you all, and Im thankful for you all.

And sadly I will be busy till Sunday so I gave you double updates two days in a row to make up for it 🙃

And finally, Is it getting hot in here? or can you guys feel the spice coming :)