37

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 37
ˡᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ: ᵍᵃˡᵃ
ᵃᵗʰᵉⁿᵃ ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ...
.
.
.
Athena was a serial killer. A monster in the night. Killing those who did wrong. Ripping throats from her victim's, craving a butterfly into their skins.

Someone Mafias and Gangs feared. The kind of monsters mothers told there childern about so that they would do their chores.

The one to get information in less than twenty four hours. The best of the best couldn't stand her torture methods.

She was invincible, she was a god.

So why did she become momma bear when the person who ripped out her heart and danced over it needed her?

With every inch of her being she wished to hate him. But there was still that one part of her, that needed to be stabbed to death, that loved Matteo.

Even if he didn't love her. She still loved him.

Even if she wanted to rip out his beating heart and take a bite of his as the light in his eyes faded. Didn't mean she didn't love him.

Maybe she was crazy.

When he had stumbled into the hallway, it was like a switch went off. It was like all her fibers forced her to Matteo's shaking body.

She knew how to help, some part of her didn't want too.

Oh my god there is a soul of a good person in my fucking body. Someone light me on fire.

Athena's hand was pressed tightly to Matteo's chest. Even when his fingers clawed at her arm, she held it tightly. Commanding his beating heart to slow.

When his head was thrown back in pain, she only slowed her breathing. Giving a rather to match. Giving him something to hold onto.

She was here, she was real.

"Athena." He gasped. And when his forest eyes met her. She knew she was in deep shit.

Sure she wanted to stab him a few times, but there was still that little voice that talked about how cute he looked.

Which is a bad response to when someone is having a panic attack. Bad brain.

She ripped her hand out of his grasp and stood. Dusting off her dress like she was trying to rid herself of her.

She got the memory of how she wiped her lips of him at their first gala.

She shook her head as she glanced at him one more time.

He as beautiful as the day he had ripped her heart out. So beautiful for a moment she wanted to lean down to him and kiss him. But she shook her head one more time before she turned her back on him.

She started to walk back to Ford. She needed away from him.

"Athena, wait!" Matteo hollered from the floor.

She pushed her legs to keep moving. She needed away from him.

"Athena," Matteo gasped as he sprung from the floor. He raced to her and grabbed her wrist.

Why was everyone so touchy tonight?

She glanced down at his hand and turned to him.

Luckily for her she had mastered a poker face. She stared blankly at his face. Well more like just above his eyes. She was afraid that if she looked in his eyes she would get lost in them.

He had not earned the right to look her in the eyes.

"Please, please just talk to me."

Talk, what a funny thing to say to someone who can't voice her opinions.