26

ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ 26
ˡᵒᶜᵃᵗⁱᵒⁿ: ᵐⁱᵃᵐⁱ, ᶠˡᵒʳⁱᵈᵃ
ᵃᵗʰᵉⁿᵃ ʷʰⁱᵗᵉ...
.
.
.
One thousand, three hundred and seventy four miles. Four hundred and fourty six hours. Athena was ready to pass out.

Maybe it wasn't the smartest idea to walk from New York City to Miami Florida. At this point though, she couldn't tell what hurt more.

The fact that her heart was now turned to stone, or the face that she was so sunburned she wanted to cry.

And Athena didn't cry.

It had taken her twenty-one days to walk the one thousand, three hundred and seventy four miles. She had issues, alright?

She would have made it in less if she wasn't a human being and hadn't stopped to sleep in a tree.

Cupola was now her best friend. He was suprisingly okay with being cat-napped. He seemed to love the idea of sitting in the backpack or on Athena's shoulder.

Best cat ever.

She had stolen a few zip lock bags full of cat food from the pet smart in Virginia. They might notice the big hole in the bag, but at least she could feed her friend.

Now her on the other hand, she was slightly dehydrated, maybe more than slightly. She was currently dying of thirst.

And the stupid fucking voice was back. She was really thinking about letting herself go, letting herself do the things thst proved she was just the monster that they wanted her to be.

But she had a mission to do. She might now be associated with the team, or with the Rossi brothers, but she still had a mission. A mission she was going to finish. She was going to kill ever last son of a botch in this trafficking ring.

The skyline had turned dark as she stepped into a small populated area of Miami. Which was saying something, seeing as the city seemed to be huge.

Alec Liquor. A bar, holy shit she was going crazy. She had found water in the desert type shit.

She clicked her tongue at Cupola until he sunk back into the backpack. The small cat didn't seem to like leaving her alone, which she was grateful for.

Atleast she had one person looking out for her.

When she entered the small bar, heads turned to her. Though all she cared about was the A/C that blew down her sunburned face.

She could feel the people in the room. She could feel their every movement. The gun tucked under her shirt and the knives in her pocket seemed to feel heavier in her pockets.

Almost like her body was warning her about the people in this bar.

After years of learning her body, she knew to listen to it. Blood was going to be spilt tonight.

She just didn't know whose it was going to be.

Whenever finally sat down at the bar, she grabbed a pen from over the counter. Earning a strange glance from bartender.

The bar was filled with people from everywhere. There were bikers in the counter, hooked standing by the door, police officers staring her down.

Though with a glance around, she realized that only three people had weapons on their bodies.

Easy targets. They wouldn't suspect a thing. And even if they did, Athena was more trained. She was ready for what every the orders were.

Whiskey on the Rocks.

She wrote on a small napkin and showed it to the bartender. Who she had to whistle at, seeing as he wouldn't even look at her.

Sexist prick.