Chapter Thirteen || Twins

"Dum, dee, dee, dum." The mechanical singing from behind me caught my attention and I tensed, slowly turning my head. There stood Jamie and Jason, both holding their matching Furbys with large smiles. The only difference between the two Furbys was their eye color. Jamie's had green eyes while Jason's had brown eyes. Both of the toys had gray fur with white stomachs, matching white tufts of hair on the top of their heads. They decided their names were Miku and Mason, Miku being Jamie's and Mason being Jason's.

The two twins looked very similar, but since they were opposing genders, they weren't identical. They both had light brown skin and dark brown hair, both from their mother, but much like their Furbys, had different eye colors. Jamie had brown eyes and Jason had green eyes, which was an exact contradiction of their Furbys, but they didn't seem to care. "(Y/N)!" They both cheered, running over to me. Our father and his wife stood near the doorway, fond smiles on both their faces.

My father had married a pretty Mexican lady named Valentina, her brown eyes gleaming as she watched her children. I wasn't too good at conversing with strange adults I barely knew, so I simply waved, patting my half-siblings on the head. "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Michael wan-" Elizabeth's voice called out to me, stopping abruptly at the sight of Jamie and Jason. She gasped. "Hi! I'm Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz or Eli or Lizzy!" She excitedly introduced herself, catching the attention of my siblings. They quickly introduced themselves before showing her their Furbys.

C.C, who was trailing behind her sister, perked up, showing them his Fredbear plushie. "Are those your siblings?" Michael's voice chimed in beside my ear, startling me. I whirled around, sending him a glare. "Stop doing that!" I exclaimed, earning a chuckle. "No can do. It's too funny to see you jump like that," He smirked and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, and yes, these are my half-siblings," I say, causing him to glance over at them.

"Well, my siblings seem to be taking a liking to your siblings," He comments. "Yeah, that's for the best. I don't want their Furbys anywhere near me," I stated, shivering at the mention of them. It didn't help that I could hear the Furby's voices behind me. "Again, your little fear of them is cute," He snickered and I scowled, tugging at his collar. "Look at them!" I stepped to the side, pointing at the toys that Elizabeth was cradling.

"Again, cute." He patted my head, causing me to let go of his collar. "You, sir, are insane." I simply state and he shrugs, placing his index finger against his lips. "Maybe I am. Oh, before I forget! Do you want to come with my family and I to the Grand Opening of Circus Baby's Pizza World? It's gonna be a real blast!" He said with fake enthusiasm, obviously poking fun at the advertisement for the place. I chuckled. "Sure! Have you asked the others about it?" I questioned and he nodded.

"Yeah, but they all said they had plans. Except Simon, he said he didn't care about a stupid grand opening and that he would rather stay at home," He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. "Yeah, that sounds like something Simon would say." I snickered. "Michael, look how cute it is!" Elizabeth suddenly exclaims, shoving a Furby between the two of us, causing me to stumble back slightly. A shiver runs down my spine at the sight of the toy's lifeless eyes.

Michael crouches down and gives her a pat. "Wow, it really is cute! What's it's name?" He encourages her, glancing up at me with a smug smirk. I rolled my eyes before making my way past him, flicking him in the forehead as I did. I heard a sound similar to a gurgle from his mouth, a laugh following. A small smile creeped across my face before I made my way down the long hallway, remembering to clock in since I forgot earlier that day.

As I did, I heard a crash from the back door and muffled shouts. "Goddammit!" The voice growled, obviously annoyed. I raised my brow and crept towards the door, cautiously pushing it open. My eyes fell on Sev who was beside the dumpster, garbage covering him and an empty trash bag with a hole ripped in it held in his hand. His mouth was pulled into a snarl as he shook off the garbage.

"Um- are you okay?" I questioned from the concrete stairs and his eyes flickered to me, his expression softening slightly. "Do I look- Ugh! Sorry, I'm annoyed right now. I just- No, not really. Today has really not been a good day for me," He ranted, rubbing a hand across his face. I offered him a sad smile. "Do you want to talk about it?" I question, closing the door and walking towards him. He nodded, picking off some of the remaining trash.

The two of us settled next to the wall of the alleyway. "You sure you won't get annoyed if I rant?" He questioned, pulling his knees to his chest and hugging them. "No, no. Of course not," I replied, smiling at him. He let out a sigh. "Okay, then. So, basically, my mother found out about my addiction last week and threatened to tell my father if I didn't get it under control, so I've been trying to stop, but it's really fucking hard and I can feel the withdraw symptoms. My head hurts like hell, I'm annoyed at everything, I almost snapped at my baby sister the other day. I hate this so much! It's not fair! And I know, life isn't fair, but this is just fucked up. If I never got drunk and gave in into peer pressure, I wouldn't have taken those stupid drugs and I feel so stupid and-" He let out a choked sob and I ran my fingers threw his hair in an attempt to calm him down.

"Do you want a hug?" I questioned and he sucked in a deep breath, nodding while covering his face with his hands. I wrapped my arms around him and he cried into my chest. There was a silence between the two of us, but there were no words to say. I let him cry as I played with his hair. "It's okay to feel bad. Everyone's human."

---------------

A headache began forming in my head at the constant whining from my half-siblings, a noticeable grimace on my face. I loved Jamie and Jason, but they were really annoying sometimes. "Hermana! Juega con nosotros!" Jamie whined and I gave her a strange look. When did they learn Spanish? I glanced up at their mother who gave me a wide smile, seemingly proud of her children.

Before I could respond, a voice chimed in. "Oh my god! Jamie and Jason!" Mark cheered, rushing over. The twins whirled around in excitement and they let go of me, allowing me to slip away to an empty booth. I slumped against the table with a groan, pressing my cheek against the wood. "You look dead," A snarky voice called out and I looked up to see Michael. I rolled my eyes and buried my face into my arms.

A cold hand caressed the back of my head and I hummed, my headache beginning to dissipate. "You okay?" He asked, crouching down and leaning against the table, his fingers running through my hair. "Yeah, I just have a headache," I mumbled and he chuckled at the tone in my voice. He bent over and placed a kiss on my forehead, smirking as he did. Heat rose to my cheeks and I sat up, a flustered expression on my face as I stared at him, his smirk widening.

"What?" He questions, feigning ignorance. "I- you..I'm- I hate you so much," I grumbled, shoving my face back into my arms. He chuckled again, giving me a pat on the head. "You love me and you know it."