Chapter Twenty Six || Performance

"Why can't he just do something other than watch the stage all day? All he has to do is stand there and watch kids. He doesn't even help with the trash, so of course I have to do it. Ugh! I hate him so much," I angrily muttered to myself, dragging a trash bag behind me as I walked. As I turned a corner, I froze up, eyes wide. In front of me was Spring Bonnie, moving around as two kids followed behind him. The little boys seemed to be the same age, one having brown hair and brown eyes while the other had darker brown hair, brown eyes and dark skin.

The animatronic held an employee's only door open for them, watching with glee as they entered, candy in their hands. Suddenly, the silver eyes from inside the suit flickered up to me, causing me to tense up and take a step back. A large smile flashing across the animatronic before they put a finger to their lips, chuckling before entering the room, the door squeaking shut. Stunned, I stood there for a moment, registering what had just happened.

That chuckle, those eyes, that smile. They all seemed familiar, but I didn't quite know from where. I shrugged, continuing to drag the trash towards the backdoor. It was quite weird to see the animatronics moving around like that. I knew that they were spring lock suits, so people were able to get inside them and move around, but it was creepy. I never really get to see them walk around since I'm either too busy working or the animatronics are performing on stage. It was also kinda shady that whoever was inside that suit took two little boys into an employees only room, but who knows, maybe he was their father or was giving them a private show.

---------------

Mr. Afton stood beside the stage with an annoyed expression, kids whining and sobbing around him. "Okay, okay, Jesus. Calm down. Fredbear and Spring Bonnie can't perform right now because they are....um- tired..? So they can't give you a show, I'm sorry." He said sternly, but instead of calming the kids down, it made them feel worse, the sobs becoming louder. His eyes flickered around for some sort of solution and when he saw me standing by the kitchen door, he perked up, gesturing to me with a big flap of his arm.

"Hey, my wonderful employee here can give you a show, how about that? It's not Fredbear and Spring Bonnie, but she can be entertaining in the meantime." He suggested, causing all the children to turn their heads to me, blinking owlishly. I shrunk back, intimidated. Did my boss just set me up to perform in front of a mob of children? Fuck no. I shook my head at Mr. Afton, mouthing that I did not want to do it. He waved me over with a big smile, causing me to groan and drag myself towards the stage.

When I made it beside him, he leaned down and whispered in my ear. "Can you please do this for me, (Y/N)? Spring Bonnie and Fredbear have been malfunctioning all day and it would break the kids' hearts to see them like that. I'll pay you a little extra, of course." I groaned, looking back at the kids who were staring at me with expectant looks and then back at my boss. I was a bit confused at what he said since Spring Bonnie was moving just fine earlier, but brushed it off, focusing on the topic.

"Fine. But what am I even supposed to do?" I question, my voice quiet. He shrugs. "Do whatever you want. Possibly a dance, but anything is fine." I nod and spin around to face the children, my boss placing a hand on my shoulder. "Okay, everyone. This will be your new performer! Her name is-" One of the little kids suddenly interrupted him, an unamused look on their face. "But she doesn't have a buddy. It's not the same as Fredbear and Bonnie." The other children began chattering among each other, agreeing.

My eyes twitched. How am I supposed to please a bunch of toddlers that look like they want to kill me? Not only that, but there were parents, teenagers, and other employees. Someone began snickering and I snapped my eyes over to the sound, seeing AJ leaning against the stage with a smug look. I rolled my eyes.

"Ah, AJ can be her partner! What do you think, kids?" Mr. Afton said with fake enthusiasm, pointing over to the boy. He shrunk back, a nervous look replacing his smug one. The kids began to cheer. I smirked, mocking him as he gave me a death glare. The realization that I would have to be on stage with him suddenly set in and my smug look dropped. "Oh, absolutely not. I can't do this with him, Mr. Afton. He- It's AJ. I just...can't be near him." I whisper and the man pinches his nose bridge.