Chapter Fifteen || The Park

Our feet thumped against the neon colored carpets as our group approached our theater room. We creaked open the door and looked up at the screen, seeing a random ad playing. We made our way to our seats, Taylor taking a seat at the end of the row, Simon sat next to them, Mark next to him. Frederick sat down two seats away from Mark, leaving a gap between them. Michael took the liberty of taking the seat next to him before propping his legs against the other one, leaving me with no place to sit.

I send him a glare and he simply snickers. "Wow, looks like you'll have to sit in my lap. What a shame," He teases and I roll my eyes. I place one hand against the chair and lean down, our faces inches apart. "Move, Afton." He smirks in response. "Damn, okay." He pulls his legs to his chest, removing them from the other chair. I let out a sigh and retracted my hand, plopping down in the chair beside him. Mark nudges me with a grin and I swat his arm.

My face was flushed, but the absence of light in the movie theater helped to hide it. The screen went black for a moment before the opening of the movie began. I hugged my knees and watched the beginning play out. I suddenly felt a nudge and looked over to see Michael smirking at me. "You know if you get scared you can cling to my arm," He winked and I rolled my eyes, shoving his face away from mine. "Yeah, sure, loverboy."

He snickered, a small smile forming on my face as he went back to watching the movie. Halfway through the movie, this sand monster shot out of the ground, swirling around on the screen. I had never seen something so realistic on a screen before so I stared up at it in awe, impressed. The monster suddenly lunged at Adam and Barbara and I felt a hand grip my arm, causing me to look to the side in confusion.

Michael stared up at the screen with an uncomfortable look on his face, tense as he clung to my arm. I covered my mouth with my free hand, quieting my giggling. He heard the muffled snickers and whipped his head towards me with a glare. "Shut up, (Y/N)! It was scary!" He whisper-shouted, letting go of my arm. I ruffled his hair with a large smirk on my face. "Not so tough now, huh?" I teased, nudging him. He smirked before hooking his finger underneath my chin, tilting his head as he looked at me. He leaned in and I could feel his hot breath tickling my ear.

"Only for you." Michael let go of my chin and leaned back into his place, focusing on the screen with a pleased look. I flipped my hood over my head and pulled the drawstrings, leaning to the side until my head plopped against Mark's shoulder. I could feel him shift underneath me before his arm slung around my body, a soft chuckle emitting from his mouth. I ignored it and tried to focus on the screen, which proved to be very difficult. My face was red as the memory of Michael's breath against my ear plagued my mind.

---------------------

When the credits for the movie began to play, I leaned off Mark's shoulder, cracking my knuckles. Michael stood up and stretched, shifting his gaze down to me and giving me a smile. He outstretched his hand out to me and I scoffed jokingly, taking it and allowing him to pull me up. Frederick stood up and happily walked over to Mark, rambling about what he liked about the movie. Mark nodded and commented, pulling himself off of the chair. I peered over them, noticing Simon and Taylor still sitting down. I squinted to look closer, perking up when I realized they were asleep, leaning against one another.

I quickly patted Michael's arm to get his attention and he hummed, watching as I pointed at the two. He leaned over and smiled. "Damn, Simon. Get it," He quietly cheered and I chuckled. "Should we wake them up?" I questioned, but since we were in a public place, the answer was obvious. "Yeah. You should scare them like you scared me in chemistry. It'll be funny," He snickered and I smirked, chuckling to myself as I neared the two, cupping my hands to my face and I leaned down to Taylor's ear.

I let out a small scream, not loud enough to scare everyone in the theater, but loud enough to startle them. Taylor shot up, head slamming against Simon's, waking him up in the process. Alarmed and tired looks were plastered across their faces as they whipped their heads around, confused. I laughed, earning a few strange looks from bypassers, but I ignored them.