Chapter Twenty || Missing

TW: Blood, Mentions of Death.

This is going to be an angsty chapter, sorry guys lmao

--------------

"Michael! Wait up!" I call out as the boy rushes towards the arcade. He looks over his shoulder at me, smirking. "(Y/N), the point of a race is to not slow do-" The boy slams into the wall beside the arcade's entrance, causing him to stumble back. I burst out laughing, stopping beside him to check for injuries. "Are you okay?" I question through my laughter and he chuckles. "Yeah, I think I'm okay."

"Mikey! Are you okay!?" Elizabeth calls out, rushing over to us. "Mhmm. I'm fine, Lizzy." He says, rubbing the back of his head. C.C comes up to us with a worried expression. "Are you sure?" He questioned, clutching the bear in his hands. Michael nods. "Yeah, don't worry about me." I smirked up at him before dashing into the arcade, leaving him behind. I heard him scoff. "Hey! That's not fair!" He called after me.

"Of course it is! Survival of the fittest, man!" I called back and he groaned. "That doesn't even make sense, but whatever." I stopped beside a random Circus Baby themed arcade game, watching as Michael and his siblings walked towards me. "Oh! I wanna try that game!" Elizabeth exclaimed, pointing to the arcade machine beside me. "Hm?" I hummed, looking over to it. "Icy Cold Ice Cream? That's a weird name, but go ahead." I said and she cheered, popping in a coin before beginning to play the game.

In the game, you play as Circus Baby and collect cupcakes to give to children. Elizabeth pressed a button to make Circus Baby jump, accidentally throwing her off the ledge. She whined. "This game is stupid!" Elizabeth complained, crossing her arms. "Nah, you're just bad at it. Lemme try," Michael says, putting in another coin and beginning to play the game.

As the game progressed, Michael furrowed his brows. "What the- How am I supposed to do get over there?" He mutters to himself. Soon, the time runs out and he loses the game, causing him to lean back and cross his arms. "Elizabeth was right. This is a stupid game," He says and I giggle. "Sure."

I turn my head to look at the two kids, my eyes widening at the sight of Elizabeth sneaking away. "Not on my watch!" I exclaimed, swooping her up. She shrieked, flailing around. "Elizabeth. Your father specifically told us to look after you and make sure you don't wander away, so please behave. I don't want to get in trouble. He is my boss after all." I tell her and she stops, pouting. "Okay..."

I smile down at her, placing a kiss on her forehead before placing her on the ground. "Thanks, Lizzy." I say and she nods. C.C tugs on my sleeve, catching my attention. "Can we go try the claw machines?" He questions and I nod. The four of us make our way over to the small machine and C.C attempts to get a Circus Baby plush for Elizabeth. After a few tries, he ends up picking up both a Circus Baby plush and a Funtime Foxy one, the two plushies landing in the dispenser.

The two kids cheer and grab the plushies, smiling brightly. Elizabeth hugs her brother, causing him to giggle. Michael suddenly nudges me, causing me to look up at him. "We should have a rematch," He says, pointing to a Space Duel arcade machine. I smirk. "Oh, hell yes!" I exclaim, walking over to the machine. "I'm totally going to win this time!" Michael says and I roll my eyes, putting in a coin. "I wouldn't be so sure, British Boy."

Behind us, Elizabeth and C.C sat down playing with their plushies, playing. Michael and I mashed the buttons, both determined to win. In the end, I won by a few points, causing me to cheer. "Hah! Take that, bitch boy!" I exclaimed, flicking Michael's nose. He fake gasps, placing a hand over his heart. "Bitch boy? How dare you!" The two of us laugh.

I turn to the two kids to check on them and my heart sinks, eyes wide. They were gone, but the plushies were left on the ground. "Um...Where did they go?" I questioned, looking around. I noticed C.C rush through the arcade's exit and grabbed Michael's hand, dashing after him. "C.C!" I called out, but he didn't turn to me. We exited the arcade and ran after the kid. Elizabeth was nowhere to be seen, which worried me, but I focused on chasing C.C. It was kinda difficult, considering my leg injury, but I managed.