Chapter Twenty Eight || Comfort

I stop in front of the women's bathroom, a voice echoing from inside the room. I brush it off and push the door open, pausing at the sight of Taylor's sister, Jordan, leaning over the sink staring at herself in the mirror. "Okay, okay, I can do this." She encourages herself, forcing a large smile. "Okay, AJ, I've been meaning to tell you this for a while. I really like you and-" The door squeaks and she snaps her head over to me, making eye contact before a blush of embarrassment spreads across her cheeks.

"You do you, I guess. I don't know how anyone can find AJ appealing, but okay." I say, beginning to back out of the bathroom. "You!" She shouts with anger in her voice, making me stop. "Uh...me?" I respond and she stomps over to me, grabbing my collar and lifting me up to my tippy toes. I hum. "I sure hope that you washed your hands because-" Her lips twist into a scowl, causing me to shut my mouth. "Stop treating this like a joke! It's not!" Jordan exclaims, clenching her other fist. I cock my head to the side, smirking.

"Eh, it kinda feels like one. You're not very intimidating. If I can clock both Brian and AJ in the face, I'm pretty sure I can take you in a fight." The girl suddenly slams me up against the door, producing a loud thump. My smirk widens and I wink. "Whoa! Slow down there, princess. At least take me out to dinner first," I joke, attempting to make her feel uncomfortable. Her eyes widen and she lets go of me, sticking out her tongue. "Ew, ew. No. Never." She shakes her hands in disgust.

"Aw, that's no fun. Anyways, are you gonna leave or...? Because I need to use the bathroom," I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "Stay away from AJ!" Jordan suddenly exclaims, crossing her arms with a pout. I raise a brow. "Um...okay..? I was planning on it. I hate him." I say, earning a scoff from the girl. "Sure. Basically everyone has seen the VHS Tape at this point."

My expression changes into one of confusion. "The...VHS Tape? What VHS Tape?" I question and she stays silent for a moment, studying my face before bursting out laughing. "Oh, you really don't know!? There's a video of you and AJ dancing at Fredbear's circulating around the school! Oh, and of course the part where you fall off the stage was perfect. I bet AJ dropped you on purpose. Really pathetic if you think he likes you!"

My face contorts into one of horror and shock. "What....?" I ask quietly, my eyes widening as I stare at the tilted floor. She begins laughing again, her voice obnoxiously loud, but I didn't listen to her. Who could've gotten that video? I suddenly tense up, remembering something. The only one with a camera throughout that whole thing was Sev. He was recording it. But how would that get to a student at my school....? Unless he shared it with one of the employees or even AJ. Why would he do that, though?

My eyes flickered back up to Jordan who seemed amused as she smirked at me, laughing wickedly. I shrunk back, my confidence depleting from my body. My breathing picked up and I spun around, rushing out of the bathroom and into the bright halls. The corridor seemed to twist and contort as I ran, my thoughts swirling in my mind. I felt overwhelmed at the sudden flood of emotions.

I soon made it to an exit and quickly shoved open the doors, stumbling down the stairs before running down the sidewalk. I didn't know where I was going, but as long as it was away from the prying eyes inside the school, I didn't care. When my head began to clear, I found myself in the middle of my neighborhood, tears streaming down my face. My forehead was slick with sweat, strands of hair sticking to my skin as I panted, my eyes flickering around.

I still felt a sense of panic, so I continued walking. I didn't know where to go. I couldn't go back to school and my house wasn't an option. I didn't want to be around people, so public places such as the park or a restaurant were out of the question. I suddenly remembered something, causing me to perk up.

The abandoned preschool. Micheal said he went there when he felt overwhelmed or stressed. I quickly made my way towards the small path, brightening up when I found it. The gravel crunched beneath my shoes, reminding me of the night Micheal brought me here, the two of us walking side by side as we talked about random nonsense. It was nice. Soon, the broken building came into view and I quickened my pace.