01. nothing worse than being ordinary!

CHAPTER ONE:nothing worse than being ordinary!_______________________________IT WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT SAYING THAT IT HAD BEEN A ROUGH YEAR FOR VALERIE REVORA

CHAPTER ONE:
nothing worse than being ordinary!
_______________________________
IT WAS AN UNDERSTATEMENT SAYING THAT IT HAD BEEN A ROUGH YEAR FOR VALERIE REVORA.

Considering she had put her life at risk to fight multidimensional species whose entire face opened up, it wasn't sitting well with her. The good thing was that they were gone, well.. for the time being. But obviously, Valerie wasn't aware of that. So, she continued on with her life as if it never happened! She went to school and any event that she was asked to attend—in attempt to feel normal. In her book, the pages that involved the demogorgon species were non-existent, and they were to never be spoken about. That's all she desired, but not everybody gets their wish. She grew to realize that overtime. But as of right now, it was Halloween! And she wasn't planning on letting anything disrupt her enjoyment of the holiday.

Halloween parties were a tradition at Hawkins High. So when she saw Tina handing out orange posters, there was no need for clarification as to what she was announcing. She always dreaded going to any of those parties, mostly because she didn't want to spend her time breathing in the scent of alcohol and sweat. But people also just used Halloween as an excuse to get drunk and lose their virginity. Other than that, they had no interest in the holiday whatsoever. Unlike her fellow schoolmates, she actually enjoyed the concept of trick-or-treating and dressing up, which is basically what the holiday is supposed to be known for. She never really had the opportunity to experience any of that as a child, so it only heightened her interest. Either way, she wasn't looking forward to attending the party whatsoever.

She had some time to spare, so she spent it in the car, fidgeting with the one ring on her finger. She looked around and spotted Steve Harrington's car, and to no one's surprise, both Steve and Nancy were in the front seats. She never really understood what Nancy saw in him. For years, all Valerie heard non-stop was Steve Harrington this, Steve Harrington that. So when Nancy and Steve became a thing, every single girl at Hawkins High were practically in denial. They couldn't except the fact that he was no longer being put up for auction. To be completely honest, it was kind of amusing to Valerie how much whining and complaints she heard about the new couple. Valerie was quickly snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of an engine revving up. She hadn't recognized the car, or the people in it. A tall, curly and long-haired guy stepped out of the car, along with a redhead who appeared to be way younger. The redhead quickly hopped on her skateboard as the guy leaned back on his car."This is gonna be a shit-show." Valerie sighed. She could tell by the smirk on his face, and the way that every girl had their eyes locked on him, that he'd be the new guy everyone would be fawning over. She was too busy looking over at all the girls reactions, she didn't even realize she had one minute before the bell rang. "Fuck my life." Valerie cursed, as she quickly grabbed her things and headed straight for the building.

By the end of second period, Valerie was already exhausted. She couldn't wait until the last bell of the day. She was walking down the hallway when she came across a poster with Will Byer's face on it that was captioned, 'zombie boy'. Her heart broke for the boy. He was only in middle school. She immediately took down the poster and ripped it to shreds, shoving every piece in the trash can. It aggravated her how the poor boy's face was displayed and made fun of everywhere in the town of Hawkins. Valerie turned around and spotted Jonathan and Nancy holding the orange party posters. She was about to walk towards them when Steve scared Nancy from around the corner and pulled her in for a kiss. "Ew." Valerie said to Jonathan as he walked closer. "Yeah, tell me about it." Jonathan scoffed. Valerie always suspected that Jonathan had feelings for Nancy, but she didn't want to pressure him into confirming it. "Are you going to Tina's party later?" Valerie asked. "What is up with everybody and that party?" Jonathan whined, but the boy had a point! "I'm taking that as a no? It's Halloween, Jonathan. You can't let me go to this party on my own." Valerie sighed. "Who said you'd be going alone?" Selina said, joining the two from around the corner. Jonathan pointed to Selina,
"See! You already have company." Valerie playfully punched his arm before speaking, "It still wouldn't hurt bringing an extra friend." He sighed before speaking, "Fine, you win." A wide grin became apparent on Valerie's face, "You know I always do."