05. labyrinth of endless nothingness

CHAPTER FIVE:labyrinth of endless nothingness _______________________________LABYRINTH : a complicated irregular network of passages or paths in which it is difficult to find one's way; a maze

CHAPTER FIVE:
labyrinth of endless nothingness
_______________________________
LABYRINTH : a complicated irregular network of passages or paths in which it is difficult to find one's way; a maze.
____________________________
If you were to ask Valerie a year ago what she wanted in life, she wouldn't necessarily have a specific answer. She would just express her desire for an adventure.

Even though she was number one at Hawkins High, that didn't change how her life had a whole lot of nothing going on. She wanted to explore the world, and find out all the answers to the mysteries that life came with. Luckily for Valerie, her wish came true! But, unluckily for Valerie, her wish wasn't what she imagined, nor what she wanted.

I guess that's what she deserved for whining to the universe about her life having no adventure to it. Now, she was watching Steve Harrington practically giving his life up to a creature whose face opened up.. gross. At least the story of his death would be an interesting one to tell!

"Come on, buddy." Steve whistled, in position to swing at the creature with his bat. Max climbed down the ladder, taking a look at Steve from the window. "What's he doing?" Max exclaimed. "Expanding the menu." Dustin replied, keeping an eye out for Dart. "Come on, buddy." Steve repeated, taking a couple of steps forward. "Come on. Dinner time." Valerie shook her head at the sight of him. "He's gonna get himself killed." Valerie spoke. "Human tastes better than cat, I promise." Steve added, continuing to walk closer to Dart. Max's mouth was gaped open, in shock at what was taking place. "He's insane." Max shook her head, still in amazement. "He's awesome." Dustin replied, a wide grin on his face. Steve began to swing his bat back and forth horizontally, signaling for Dart to come closer. That's when Dart came out of his hiding spot. Dart looked as if he was going to lunge at Steve. "Steve! Watch out!" Lucas yelled from the top of the bus. "A little busy here!" Steve yelled back, waiting for Dart to make a move. "Three o'clock!" Lucas yelled. That's when they all realized that Dart wasn't alone. "You never said there was multiple of them, Dustin!" Valerie yelled, all of them beginning to panic. "How was I supposed to know? Dart was the only one I knew of!" He defended himself. "Can you guys lower it down?!" Selina yelled. They both ignored what she said, continuing to watch from inside the window. Dustin ran to the bus doors when he saw the demogorgons getting closer to Steve. "Steve! Abort! Abort!" He shouted, fear in his voice. Steve looked back at the bus, contemplating on whether he should abort or not. But he didn't have enough time to decide before Dart lunged forward at him. The force Dart hit Steve with sent him flying, landing on one of the cars. They all began to yell, telling Steve to run and come back inside the bus. He made a run for it, barely closing the door in time to avoid Dart from getting in. "Are they rabid or something?" Max questioned, still not believing the information Lucas had provided for her. "They can't get in! They can't!" Lucas shouted, his eyes glued to the door. Dart began to growl louder, hitting the door over and over again, with more force every single time. "Shit!" Dustin screamed, running to the back of the bus as Dart somehow managed to get through the metal doors. Steve began to repeatedly hit Dart with his bat, and Valerie used one of the empty Malibu bottles to smash on Dart's head. Dart slowly began to grow weaker, but not weak enough. "Is anyone there? Mike? Will? God! Anyone!" Dustin screamed into his Walkie-talkie. "We're at the old junkyard! And we are going to die!" Dustin added, the demogorgons continuing to bang on all sides of the bus. Valerie's head whipped at the sound of Max screaming. She ran towards the ladder, only for her face to become inches away from a demogorgon. "Oh, shit!" Valerie screamed. Steve had managed to get Dart off of him, running towards them. "Steve! Give me the bat!" Valerie demanded, snatching the bat from his grasp. "Come on, asshole! I'd want me too, if I were you." Valerie yelled, banging the bat on the ladder. The demogoron's face opened up, drool hanging from its mouth as it continued to screech at Valerie. She managed to keep her cool, even though she was quite literally about to lose her shit. All eyes were glued on her, everyone in bewilderment at how careless she appeared to be. She thought she was done for when it began to lean forward, until its head whipped to the side. Something had caught their attention, because only a couple of seconds later, the demogorgon hopped off of the bus. The sound of all the growling became quieter as they ran away. They all looked at each other, making sure they were all still alive. That's when Valerie caught a glimpse of Lucas and Max holding hands. She felt terrible for Dustin, especially considering all that he had done to try and impress her. .