31. in my head till i'm dead

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:in my head till i'm dead_______________________________DUE TO VALERIE'S DETERMINATION TO MAINTAIN A FULL CALENDAR, SHE CREATED A SCHEDULE FOR HERSELF

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
in my head till i'm dead
_______________________________
DUE TO VALERIE'S DETERMINATION TO MAINTAIN A FULL CALENDAR, SHE CREATED A SCHEDULE FOR HERSELF.

She couldn't wake up any later than 11 a.m, or go to sleep any later than 11 p.m. A year ago, Valerie would've laughed at her effort at being organized for once in her life, but until she learned how to properly come to terms with the conflicts she'd been facing—and let the knot of emotions in her chest loosen (which she wasn't going to let either of those happen any time soon), she'd only continue to fill up her days with whatever events she could find until the sky went pitch black, signaling her time to call it a night, and she'd get right back at it in the morning.
_______________________________
When Valerie stays the night at Selina's house, it's a bit more tough trying to find something to keep her active and entertained until Selina woke up. But since the blonde was most definitely not a morning person, it takes all the way until Selina wakes up for the two to make plans for the day. So, to keep Valerie busy for the next 45 minutes or so after she wakes up, she'd usually try and tidy up around Selina's house, which was her least favorite thing to do that kept her busy, but it did the job, and it was the least she could do considering she practically lived there with Selina and her parents. It also helped out Selina's mom and dad, since they both worked night shifts and slept almost all throughout the day.

The strong odor of polishing spray pervaded the air as Valerie sprayed down and polished every piece of furniture in the living room. Although she found pleasure in admiring the glossed and lustered furniture afterwards, she hated the cleaning process of it. The way she could feel the dampness of the rag soak into the front of her hand made her shiver in discomfort.

Valerie finished wiping down one of the legs of the table, glancing up at the T.V that had been playing a rom-com. She didn't even know the name of it, but it played every morning, and it was interesting enough to get her through polishing every piece of furniture.

The ringing of the telephone made Valerie realize she'd gotten slightly carried away from cleaning. She stood up, placing the bottle of spray on the table and swiftly walking to answer the telephone.

"Hello?" Valerie spoke, the telephone lifted up to her ear. "Is Selina with you?" Dustin hastily asked, Valerie recognizing his voice. "Well, you're kind of calling her house phone so I'd hope so." Valerie answered sarcastically. "Have you seen the news?" Dustin asked. "No, the news scares me half of the time. Why? What's going on?" Valerie skeptically asked, Dustin sighing before beginning. "Just get your asses to Family Video, stat. We'll explain when y'all get here." Dustin responded. Before Valerie could question any further, she was interrupted by the disconnect tone. "Goddamnit." Valerie sighed, rushing up the stairs to wake up Selina.
_______________________________
After Valerie forced and petitioned for Selina to get up and get ready for a good five minutes, then putting up with her complaints the entire car ride (which, luckily, Valerie had learned to tune out by now), the two had finally arrived at Family Video, making their way inside the movie rental store.