07. fortune favors the valorous

CHAPTER SEVEN:fortune favors the valorous_______________________________THE CONCEPT OF LIFE AND DEATH ALWAYS FRIGHTENED VALERIE

CHAPTER SEVEN:
fortune favors the valorous
_______________________________
THE CONCEPT OF LIFE AND DEATH ALWAYS FRIGHTENED VALERIE.

Being placed into a world without your consent, then having the possibility of losing your life at any second.

There were so many different ways of losing your life. Life-threatening medical conditions, suicide, drug overdose, natural disasters, etc. Considering the current circumstances Valerie was in, she was grateful for every second that went by. Although.. she didn't quite understand why the universe decided to keep her alive. I mean.. why Valerie? Out of the billions of people on this earth, she was one of the chosen ones. She was chosen as someone who should continue to live every opportunity life handed to them. Whatever the reasoning was to her existence, she was grateful she had managed to make it this far.

There was a certain period of time you could run on no sleep, before beginning to hallucinate. Valerie was ninety-nine percent sure she would begin to hallucinate any second now. Should she be concerned? Most definitely. Was she actually concerned? Nope, not one bit. She had bigger conflicts to worry about!

The past couple of days had been a hell of a ride for Valerie. She could not express her excitement for all of this chaos to be put to an end. The shed was officially ready for Will's arrival. Hopper lifted Will off of the couch, carrying him to the shed. Valerie had finished the job she was assigned, throwing herself onto the sofa. "My head is pounding." Valerie whined. Considering she had been drinking on an empty stomach, she could definitely feel the side-effects. Although she didn't want to move a single bone in her body, she knew it was immature of her to lay so restfully on a couch that—number one, wasn't hers. And in a time like this? Their lives were at risk, meaning that resting should be the least of her concerns. She miserably propped herself up, lazily standing up from the couch.

Valerie looked around the kitchen, trying to find a snack to hold her down until she could have an actual meal. Max and Mike were sitting on the floor, looking through the cabinets. "I get why El was your mage now." Max spoke, looking up at Mike. "What?" He questioned, not looking too thrilled. "Lucas. He told me all about her." She clarified. "Well, he shouldn't have. And just because you know the truth, it doesn't mean you're in our party. You know that, right?" Mike added sternly. Valerie wanted to step in, but she knew Max was capable of standing up for herself. "Yeah, I know." She looked down at the roll of duct tape in her hand. "I mean, why would you want a stupid zoomer in your party anyway?" Max spoke playfully. Mike turned to her, but gave her no reply. "I'm just saying, El? She sounds like she was really awesome." She added in amusement. "Yeah, she was." Mike replied, closing the cabinets shut as he lifted himself up from the floor. "Until that thing took her. Just like it took Bob." He walked out of the room, leaving her with no time to reply. "He's a pleasure, right?" Valerie spoke, trying to relieve some of the tension in the room. "Yeah, tell me about it." Max replied, making the two of them laugh. "This is probably the longest time in my life that I've gone without eating." Selina whined, walking into the kitchen. "That's the whole reason I came here in the first place." Valerie sighed. The Halloween candy only filled them up temporarily, until it only heightened their desire for food even more.