27. there is no allure to darkness

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN:there is no allure to darkness_______________________________YET AGAIN, VALERIE REVORA FOUND HERSELF GETTING INVOLVED WITH THE FAMILIAR ADVENTURES THAT CONTAINED INTER-DIMENSIONAL AND LIFE THREATENING SPECIES

there is no allure to darkness
_______________________________
YET AGAIN, VALERIE REVORA FOUND HERSELF GETTING INVOLVED WITH THE FAMILIAR ADVENTURES THAT CONTAINED INTER-DIMENSIONAL AND LIFE THREATENING SPECIES.

Don't get her wrong, she took pleasure in knowing that by helping to defeat these creatures, she was also saving the entire town of Hawkins. But.. why did it have to be her? The universe just couldn't have chosen some other person to replace Valerie's contributions in these scenarios?
_______________________________
"I call passenger seat!" Valerie shouted, skipping out of the mall doors. "Oh, man, now this. . This is what I'm talkin' about!" Steve said, his eyes lighting up at the car in front of him. "Toddfather?" Robin questioned, referring to the license plate, which had the letters 'TODFTHR' displayed on it. "Oh, screw Todd! Steve's her daddy now." Steve shook his head in amazement at the vehicle he was about to drive. "Did you just talk about yourself in the third person?" Robin questioned. "Did he just call himself 'daddy'?" Erica questioned. "That's what I was thinking." Valerie scoffed, her face scrunched in disgust. "Alright, where are we going?" Steve asked, starting the car. "Weathertop." Dustin answered. "Weather-what?" Steve questioned. "Just drive!" Dustin said in annoyance. "Okay! Jesus." Steve sighed, reversing the car and pulling the car out of the parking lot.

"I fucking hate the smell of wet grass." Valerie gagged in disgust at the scent caused by the rain from earlier that day. "I don't mind it." Robin shrugged. "Yeah, it's not that bad." Selina nodded in agreement, even though she highly disagreed with Robin. "Since when do you not despise nature's aromas?" Valerie turned to look at Selina, her eyebrows knitted together. "I don't despise 'nature's aromas'. It really isn't so bad." Selina replied, Valerie humming in response, even though she didn't believe Selina. "Jesus.. how far is this place, man?" Steve questioned. "Relax, we're almost there." Dustin shook his head at Steve's tone. "We've been driving for, like.. ten minutes." Selina complained. "More like seven minutes. And even if it has been ten minutes, which it hasn't, that still isn't a long drive!" Dustin argued. "Well, it is Hawkins. You can only go so far, and I'm pretty sure we've driven through more than half of the town by now." Valerie joined into the argument. "That's true. But, uh, Suzie must be pretty special, huh?" Robin looked over to Dustin. "I mean, if you built this thing and lugged it all the way to the middle of nowhere just to talk to her?" Robin added. "I mean, nobody's scientifically perfect, but Suzie's as close to being perfect as any human could possibly be." Dustin nodded. "You talk so highly of her. What a romantic you are." Valerie teased, looking over to Dustin, who was trying to hide the tint of blush appearing on his face. "She sounds made-up to me. She sound made-up to you?" Erica questioned, leaning up from her seat and looking towards Steve, who opened his mouth to respond, but no words came out. "Why are you hesitating, Steve?" Dustin questioned. "I'm—I'm—I'm not! I'm not! I think she sounds real. You know, totally, absolutely real." Steve stuttered, his wide eyes and continuous nods indicating that he was lying. "Obviously Suzie is real. We don't need to start a quarrel over something that's true, right?" Valerie looked over to Steve, her eyes slightly widened as she gave Steve a small nod. "Ri—right. Right. Yeah." Steve agreed, not a single one of them buying his act due to his clueless tone. "Left. Turn left." Dustin said. "There's not a road here. ." Steve furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Turn left now!" Dustin yelled. "Jesus! Hang on!" Steve shouted, everyone grabbing onto either the person next to them or a car door. Steve harshly swerved the car to the left, the car crashing and breaking through a wooden gate as Steve continued driving. "Whoa! Henderson, where are we going?!" Steve asked. "Up!" Dustin answered. The very little light producing from the headlights of the car revealed that they were now driving up a hill that seemed never-ending. "Oh, Jesus!" Steve exclaimed. "We're not gonna make it!" Robin sighed. "Yeah, there's no way!" Valerie shook her head. "Yeah, we are. Come on, baby. Come on, baby!" Steve yelled, aggressively patting the steering wheel. They continued to make progress up the hill, until the car completely stopped moving while Steve was still pressing on the gas. "Come on! Come on. Come on." Steve grunted, continuing to press his foot on the gas, which did absolutely nothing. "I guess the Toddfather has its limitations." Robin said. "Yeah, clearly." Valerie sighed. They each hopped out of the car, looking at the gigantic hill ahead of them. "Not this again." Selina sighed, referring to having to walk a ton again.