22. i see the wires pulling

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:i see the wires pulling_______________________________IT TOOK APPROXIMATELY EIGHT MONTHS FOR ALL TO GO TO SHIT, ONCE AGAIN

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO:
i see the wires pulling
_______________________________
IT TOOK APPROXIMATELY EIGHT MONTHS FOR ALL TO GO TO SHIT, ONCE AGAIN.

Of course, Valerie's life wasn't perfect, and she dealt with conflicts of her own on a daily basis. But it wasn't every day that the town you live in would be in terrible danger. And by danger, I mean the life-threatening kind of danger. You would think that the evil Russians invading Hawkins would be enough for this town. But now, these Russians were intending on opening the gate, which would unleash hundreds, maybe even thousands of life-threatening species.
_______________________________
"I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin asked. "Not exactly." Steve answered. "Then.. what, exactly?" Robin questioned. "All you need to know is it's bad." Dustin spoke. "It's really bad." Steve added. "Like, 'end of the human race as we know it' kind of bad." Dustin sighed. "Yeah, what he said." Valerie nudged her head towards Dustin, pacing back and forth around the room. "And.. you know about this, how?" Robin questioned. "Um, Steve?" Erica spoke. "Where's your Russian friend?" Erica asked. Valerie looked all around the room, and the man who was once unconscious, was no longer in sight. "Oh, shit." Valerie sighed. All six of them jumped at the sound of the alarms blaring. The red lights repeatedly turning on and off throughout the room was enough to let the six of them know that they had been caught. Steve swung the door open, peeking his head outside of the door. Valerie looked through the small window on the door, spotting the same man struggling to breathe with his hands on his knees, surrounded by armed guards with concerned looks on their faces. "Shit! We need to go." Valerie slammed the door shut, running up the stairs. "Go, go, go, go, go, go!" Steve rushed the five of them. They each made it up the stairs, turning to the door on their right. "Move! Let's move!" Steve exclaimed. As soon as the six entered the room, they were met with at least ten Russians in laboratory coats. "Shit, shit, shit, shit!" Steve exclaimed. Valerie spotted a door near her left, pushing everyone in front of her. "Over here!" Valerie yelled. Once again, they had to walk down tons of staircases, having to shove anyone and everyone that was in their way. Valerie was so focused on making sure that the five of them had all remained together, that she didn't even realize that they were practically walking towards their own death. The direction they were walking in, led to the choices of continuing to walk straight, and falling to your death. Or, turning to your right, and getting hit by the gigantic bolt of electricity. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin screamed. "Guards! Go!" Erica exclaimed. "This way!" Steve ran towards a separate staircase, which the other five hadn't even noticed. Valerie shoved one of the men, as Steve shoved the other that was right beside him. As they reached the bottom of the staircase, the six of them caught sight of two armed men on their right. Steve pushed over the three metal barrels that were stacked, buying them some extra time to run. "Oh, shit! Oh, shit!" Steve exclaimed. "Come on! Go, go, go, go, go!" Steve pushed everyone in front of him. Valerie swung open the door, looking around for any other exits. Steve slammed the door shut, pressing his body firmly against the door in attempt to keep the Russians from coming in. "Valerie! Robin!" Steve called out. "Shit, shit!" Valerie exclaimed, running to the door. Their bodies were pressed against the door, but it didn't help that there was at least ten other grown men trying to shove their way through the door. "Robin! Come help!" Valerie yelled. "I'm going!" Robin replied, slamming her back against the door. Erica, Selina, and Dustin had found an air duct located in the back of the room, and they all knew this would be their only way to escape. But they had no time. "Come on!" Dustin yelled, looking at the three. "Go! Just get out of here!" Steve demanded. "Go, come on, now!" Dustin shook his head, refusing to leave the three behind. "No! You three need to get help, got it? Selina, someone needs to be with them." Valerie shook her head at the sight of the blonde walking towards them. "We'll make it out of here alive, I promise! But you three need to go, now!" Valerie demanded. "I won't forget you both!" Dustin pointed to both Valerie and Steve. "Go!" All three of them yelled. The other three of them hesitated, but eventually, crawled into the air duct, barely getting out of sight before the Russians bursted through the doors. The three of them collided into the wall, immediately putting their hands up when multiple guards pointed guns at the three.
_______________________________
Valerie, Robin, and Steve had each been dragged to three separate rooms, which scared the living shit of Valerie. If she was going to die, she refused to die with no one by her side.