16. the tragedy of inescapable inconveniences

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:the tragedy of inescapable inconveniences_______________________________THE INESCAPABLE DISORDER OF MALADAPTIVE DAYDREAMING HAD FOUND ITS WAY TO VALERIE REVORA AT A VERY YOUNG AGE

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:
the tragedy of inescapable inconveniences
_______________________________
THE INESCAPABLE DISORDER OF MALADAPTIVE DAYDREAMING HAD FOUND ITS WAY TO VALERIE REVORA AT A VERY YOUNG AGE.

When her mother didn't want to play with
Valerie and her toys, Melina would always
encourage Valerie to use her imagination. At
first, it sounded like complete bullshit to Valerie. But once she got rejected one too many times by her mother, with the same 'I've had a long day' excuse, she had no choice but to give into her imagination.

You see, daydreaming is completely normal!
It's safe to say that we've all been caught
daydreaming at least once in our life. But, once Valerie realized what her imagination was capable of, that's where this story goes downhill.

In the middle of second grade, the teachers
noticed that something was off with Valerie. Her grades began to lower, multiple teachers would find her wandering off in thoughts of her own, and sometimes—kids would find her smiling and laughing at the fantasies she created. They would wave their hand around her face, which would eventually capture her attention. When they asked why she was laughing, she would realize that she had gotten stuck in the false realities she created in her head. It was embarrassing even thinking about how real these detailed fantasies were to her.

The older Valerie got, the more significant her
reasonings as to why she escaped to her
fantasies became. Valerie and her mother
began to argue more, so she would pretend
that she had the perfect relationship with her
mother. If she was feeling down, she would
immediately be reminded by the obtrusive
thoughts in her head, that she had an entire
fantasy waiting for her arrival. It may've been
an unhealthy coping mechanism, but she didn't care. It fulfilled the dreadful and stifling void inside of her. Unfortunately, the satisfaction that fulfilled the void never lasted. But it didn't matter to Valerie. Even if it provided five minutes of pleasure and hours of suffering afterwards, it still provided a feeling of comfort and content.
_______________________________
Valerie woke up fairly early, which was surprising to say the least, because Valerie highly enjoyed her beauty rest. As soon as she woke up, every conflict in her life began to re-establish itself. If Valerie could slouch around all day and do a whole lot of nothing, she wouldn't hesitate to do so. But, Valerie was a busy woman! She had places to attend, people to visit, and jobs to get done.

It was 10:15 in the morning, which meant that Selina was most likely fast-asleep. At least Valerie had some time to spare! Valerie had fallen asleep in her makeup, which left her eyes slightly irritated because of the mascara she was wearing. Valerie had a long day ahead of her, so she decided to take her morning slow, changing into some new clothes and re-doing her makeup into a more natural look.

Valerie made her way to the kitchen, dragging her feet from exhaustion. Yes, Valerie was exhausted already, although she just woke up. She swung the fridge open, grabbing the gallon of milk and strawberry syrup. One of the best combos, in Valerie's opinion! Valerie grabbed a glass, pouring the milk inside and combining it with the strawberry syrup. Her morning had been going pretty well, surprisingly. Until a random man who Valerie had never once seen in her life, came out of her mother's bedroom. Fucking gross. He didn't even have a shirt on, which was terrible presentation. The man stared at Valerie in embarrassment, quickly looking back at Melina, who revealed herself shortly after. "You've gotta be shitting me." Valerie scoffed. "He was just about to leave, Valerie." Melina spoke sternly. "You know what? He doesn't have to. I was just about to leave anyway." Valerie shrugged, quickly putting away the milk and syrup. "Make yourself at home. Not like you haven't already." Valerie sassed, grabbing her drink and heading to her room to gather her belongings. Valerie could hear Melina apologizing to the man she chose to invite here. So much for a slow, and peaceful morning.