24. while our hearts are young

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR:while our hearts are young_______________________________NO WORDS COULD EVER CAPTURE THE EUPHORIC AND ELATED FEELING COURSING THROUGH THE VAINS OF VALERIE REVORA

while our hearts are young
_______________________________
NO WORDS COULD EVER CAPTURE THE EUPHORIC AND ELATED FEELING COURSING THROUGH THE VAINS OF VALERIE REVORA.

She may've been severely intoxicated due to an unknown drug, but she had never felt more like herself. This, was the Valerie Revora she missed so dearly. The one who had not a care or worry in the world. The one who lived her life every chance she got. The one she hadn't seen in years.
_______________________________
"Slow this down! We're going down too fast!" Valerie yelled. "There's nothing we can do." Dustin shrugged. "Just do something!" Valerie whined. "Valerie! Come here!" Robin dragged Valerie by her arm. "Get on this." Robin pointed to a red box carrier with wheels. "Oh, no, no, no, no. Hell no. Steve, you do it." Valerie pointed to Steve. Steve didn't waste a second before hopping onto the box carrier, struggling to maintain his balance. "Oh, my God! You look like you're—" Valerie began, Steve and Robin soon finishing her sentence. "Surfing!" Robin and Steve said in unison. Steve put his arms out, swerving his body as if he was actually surfing. "They seem drunk." Erica spoke. "Why would they be drunk?" Dustin questioned. "Hold on, I wanna try now. Get off!" Valerie ordered, slightly pushing him forward which made him stumble, but he maintained his balance. Before Steve could get off, Robin swerved the box carrier towards herself, causing Steve to plunge forward and fall off of the box carrier. The three of them erupted in laughter, holding their stomachs as they tried to catch their breath. "Wipeout!" Valerie and Robin pointed to Steve. Dustin quickly walked over to Steve, sitting down in front of him as he put his hand on Steve's forehead. "He's burning up." Dustin sighed. "You're burning up." Steve replied. "One sec, one sec." Dustin tried lifting Steve's eyelid, but Steve kept swatting him away. "Steve, Steve!" Dustin slapped Steve's hands away, finally widening his eye open just enough to get a good look. "Ow!" Steve whined. "His pupils are super dilated." Dustin said. "Maybe he's drugged." Erica shrugged. "Selina?" Dustin asked, wanting to hear Selina's thoughts on the situation. "Yeah?" Selina turned her head to look at Dustin. "What do you think?" Dustin asked. "About..?" Selina questioned, a clueless expression on her face. "Jesus. You're really no help at all!" Dustin shook his head. "Please, we wouldn't have even made it here if it weren't for me!" Selina argued. Normally, Dustin would have something to respond with, but there were bigger conflicts, so he let it slide. "Boop!" Steve pressed a finger against Dustin's nose. "Steve, are you drugged?" Dustin asked, lightly tapping his hand against Steve's face twice. "How many times, dad? I don't do drugs. It's only marijuana." Steve joked, touching Dustin's nose again. "That is a drug, idiot." Valerie snickered, Robin laughing at Valerie's response. "This isn't funny, okay? I need to know what they did to you." Dustin said sternly. "Are you gonna die on us?" Dustin asked, but Steve only booped Dustin on the nose again. "We all die, my strange little child friend. It's just a matter of how.. and when." Robin said, her eyes widened as she played with strands of her hair. Dustin furrowed his eyebrows at the blonde, turning his head to look back to Steve. "They're gonna be looking for us up there, so I need you to tell me where you parked your car." Dustin said. "Oh, can we make a pit-stop at the food court?" Steve asked, completely ignoring what Dustin had said. "I would kill for a hot dog on a stick." Robin sighed. "Or a cheeseburger." Valerie's mouth gaped open at the thought of a cheeseburger. "Ooh!" Steve commented. "Alright. Yeah, food. Yes, you can have as much food as you want, but only if you tell me where your car is parked." Dustin said as Valerie and Robin squealed in excitement for food. "Uh-oh." Steve said. "Uh-oh?" Dustin questioned. "The car's off the board." Steve announced. "What?!" Selina and Dustin questioned in unison. "They took the keys. The Russians, they took the keys. Like, forever ago." Steve turned his pockets inside-out, revealing that his pockets were empty. Usually, Valerie would've been on the verge of a panic attack. But she found it quite funny. . 'Why?' She had no idea herself. "That's a bummer, right?" Steve joked.