14. desires with strings attached

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:desires with strings attached_______________________________SELINA PIERCE'S NUMBER ONE SECRET WAS SOMETHING SELINA NEVER INTENDED ON SHARING

CHAPTER FOURTEEN:
desires with strings attached
_______________________________
SELINA PIERCE'S NUMBER ONE SECRET WAS SOMETHING SELINA NEVER INTENDED ON SHARING.

Her secret wasn't like your typical teenage high school gossip. You see, Selina was always pretty well known, especially in her high school years. Since she was no longer a student at Hawkins High, her popularity status had slightly decreased, but it didn't decrease enough for her name to be obliterated from Hawkins. Usually, people would be thrilled to have that kind of ranking, especially at eighteen. But for Selina, if her secret were to be revealed, everybody's perspective on their second most beloved girl at Hawkins would change, and not in a good way.
_______________________________
After Selina's not-so-pleasant encounter with Nova, she immediately exited herself out of that environment containing Nova. Once she stepped foot into her car, the memories of the olden days, which consisted of alcohol, parties, and spin the bottle, had struck her like no lightning bolt ever could. Her past has resurfaced itself, within a span of five minutes. How unfortunate for Selina. Luckily, Nova had a soft spot for the particular blonde.

Selina had finally arrived at her house. She was genuinely surprised she didn't get pulled over for speeding, considering how fast she had been driving. She didn't need a mirror to reassure her that she looked a hot mess. She already knew that the mascara she had on was running down her neck, and that her eyes had puffed up. But, to be completely honest, that was the least of her concerns. She locked the front door, tossing herself onto the sofa. Although—she didn't want to move a single bone in her body, she was convinced that her neck would snap off because of the discomfort due to the position she was in. She groaned, re-positioning her entire body. She caught a glimpse of the bag of chocolate chips that her and Valerie had been eating the night before. She lazily reached for the chocolate chips, feeling something poke her from the back of the bag. She turned the bag around, revealing a purple note taped onto the bag. Selina's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, removing the note off of the bag. 'Don't worry, S. Just ask, and I won't tell.. under one condition.' The note read. At the very bottom, was some address that Selina didn't recognize. Luckily, it was in Hawkins. And considering how small the town was, it couldn't have been too risky for Selina to pay a visit. Be careful, S. We wouldn't want you to get hurt, especially the person you deeply admire.
_______________________________
Unfortunately, Steve had to return back to his shift at work. But.. it's not like Valerie and Dustin could go anywhere, considering their ride ditched them. At least now, Valerie didn't have to keep this whole Nova situation a secret anymore! Dustin was begging Valerie for context as to what Nova was referring to by, 'the envelope'. He also just wanted to know why Valerie didn't confide in anyone about Nova's return. Due to their current circumstances of being stuck in the Starcourt Mall, in the backroom of Scoops Ahoy, Valerie didn't really have much of an option as to what to do. She knew that getting all of this bitterness out in a healthy way would be good for her. But.. she didn't feel like opening up while being sober.