△ Chapter 1△

''I was born when they took my name. When the world turned WICKED. When I joined their game. But I turned and I fought them like you always knew I'd do'' –Radical Face.

Alex looked at herself in the mirror. Her clothes were all dirty and her greasy and tangled hair was covering most of her face. She saw a small cut on her cheek and lifted her hand to her face, slowly tracing it with the tips of her fingers. A sigh escapes Alex's lips as she stripped naked before entering the shower. She was tired, sore, and hungry. She ran her hands through her long, dark hair as the water cascaded down her body and thought about all she's been through.

After a few minutes, she turned off the shower and stepped out putting a towel around her body.Alex headed towards one of the lockers where fresh clothes and a pair of shoes awaited her.

She quickly threw on a long sleeved black shirt, black pants and her black combat boots.

...

Alex towel dried her hair a bit and took one last glance in the mirror; she decided to go for it. She was going to cut her hair.

She grabbed the scissors and took a deep breath.It was the first time that she cut her hair.

...

All of her long hair was gone. She put the scissors down.

It was now a choppy bob with jagged layers. The bangs in front fall were tapered and diagonal on the side falling a little into her right eye as if to hide it, and the hairs towards the edges in front were longer in length than the hair on the back.

She smiled at her reflection before heading towards the door.

There a young woman wearing a few pairs of white pants, and a white long-sleeved shirt stood, gestured for Alex to follow her. She was also wearing a white coat like those scientist use.

They walked down the hallway and stopped in front of a door.She opened it and gestured for her to enter.

"Now, you may reunite with your friends''

Alex slowly stepped through and looked around.All of her friends were there -the Gladers and girls of Group B- safe. Her eyes continued to search the faces in the room to see if Thomas was in there or not.

He isn't.

"Oh look. It's Alex!'' And then Frypan, Newt and Minho were by her side. The three of them hugged her.

''Hey...''

"You cut your hair..."

''Why'd you cut your hair?'' Newt stared at her wide-eyed for a couple more seconds.

"Does it...do I look really bad?" She asked, tugging on her newly chopped locks. ''I thought that it would look good on me''

''I mean, your long hair was really pretty, and don't get me wrong; the short hair doesn't look bad-''

The door opened behind her and she turned to see Thomas walk in. His short hair glistening with water. His facial hair grew out a little and his hair was longer. His dirty clothes were replaced by dark blue jeans and a cream long-sleeved shirt with his sleeves pushed up to his forearms.

''Oh look, it's your boyfriend'' Minho joked.

Alex turned her head and hisses for Minho to shut up, biting back her own smile as she does.

''Oh don't give me that look, everybody knows that he's-''

Thomas couldn't stop a smile from spreading across his face and walked over to Alex and hugged her tightly.

He broke away from the hug and let his eyes roam lazily up and down her body.

''It looks good on you"

Alex blushed; she did expect him to say that. ''I guess I do.''

"Nice to see you again Thomas'' Minho sarcastically muttered. 

''Way to ruin the moment..." Alex said. 

''Anyways. It's been a while since I checked that wrist'' she says. ''How is it?''

''Okay. They brought me some medicine for the pain'' He smiled at her.

''Good''