△ Chapter 2 △

Rat Man stepped up onto the center of the room.

"Well, who's ready to get their memories back?''

Alex and Thomas looked at each other, confusion written on their faces.

...

For few seconds, nobody spoke.

Silence filled the room before Alex decided to speak.

''What?'' Alex called out.

''I must explain myself. The Trials are over. And WICKED offers to remove the subjects' Swipes''

''Swipes?''

''A Swipe is a chip which was inserted into each one of your brains before the Trials began.It wipes your memory and allows WICKED to control over your actions. However, we're giving you a chance to have them removed. You didn't give us permission to put it there after all''

"What's the catch?" Minho asked.

"What do you mean?" Rat Man asked. ''What makes you thinkthere's a catch?''

"What if we don't want to?" Alex called out because it seemed like Thomas still didn't seem to know how to quite process that information.

 "What if we don't want our memories back?''

"If you don't want to remove the Swipe, don't do it. For those that are interested, I'll make sure you get your memory back, it's the least I can do''

...

They were standing in the corner of the room. They were trying to figure things out together.

"What do you think?''

"It just seems like..." Alex hesitated, like she was trying to find the right words.

Thomas watched her for a little as he listened intently.She notices how tensed she is.

"It seems too easy, you know? Getting our memories back, just like that'' she says, crossing her legs and folding her arms over her chest.

He rubbed the back of his neck, leaving a barely audible long sigh. ''I know''

"We need to do something about this, Thomas'' Alex pushed herself away from the wall and stepped up to him. ''WICKED always had something up their sleeves''

''This team needs to be organized, and think about how we will make our move from now on. We shouldn't waste any more time. Now is the right time for us to try.''